PDA

View Full Version : rainbowbeach 2009

kitty_cat
23-07-2009, 05:26 PM
well what a awsome start to rainbow beach comp with 4 great fishing days weather and fish wise:)

cant do a full report just ran back to brisbane to pick up the kids for a family week end , but couldnt help tease with a small portion of pics i took on my phone.

we have some great footage of catch and realease of 4-5 kg reds after we bagged out .

i will report full story on monday when i get home

ok finally back home, what a week and a great copmp that they put on at rainbow beach (be quick next year word is that it will be capt at 1000 entrants and with no frazer comp may be first in next year)

we drove up friday arvo as start fish is friday 4pm and unpacked fueled up sorted out freezers ect and off to the ramp, knowing that there were some great conditions coming up from sunday to tuesdaday / wednesday the call was to stay in close and just acumulte some fillets for the freezers and maybe win some daily prizes up for offer as we knew not to many people would fish with great weather forecasted later in week, we managed just that a good feed and 2 or 3 daily prizes inc 2 x waceo eskys good score ,
the good weather started to come through on sunday and we were off for the shelf and that elusive winning red after ariving on the shelf we started to pull some unbelivable husser and for the first time kept them for eating too big for bait and great looking fish when they get around the couple of kilos plus mark after discussion that this was our red ground and didnt want to disturb it duruing the day hrs moved away for a mixed bag of reefies with the big snapper(8.5kgs whole) and a 12kg red being picked up as we moved around (just for interest 700klms over 5 days fishing) the parrot and gold spot keeped on chewuing through the day and as the sun started to set we headed for our ground found earlier in the day , things were consitant with a few reds and pearlies wrasse all steadily filling the box but hard going so we anchored up to find the current unfishable the call was to head in 10klms to try our luck closer with the current as it hadnt been a issue at all untill now in fact there was no current all day , so anchored up with the current still a problem got some zzs for a earlier crack at the reds back on the shelf, next morning was a hoota with the current on the shelf gone we were fishing strait up and down and the reds were thick as thick after 2-3 hrs fishing we had our bag limit and procedded to catch some for release on camerea just one each so we can say we have released reds we could of stayed on them for a heap more fish but left them chewing and search some new grounds for a heap of parrot and more reefies, we called it a day earliy as the eskys were full to the brim and bagg limits were getting close on a few species , on the way back through the bar we were met by the fishing athorieties that done a full search of the boat and inspected the whole catch as we keep a eye on our limits and cutting pec fins there was no issue and we were sent on our way with just a warning about 2-3 fish without pec fins cut as we had 40 fish and such a massive bite session to miss a couple could of cost us $400.00 we have learnt our lesson.at weigh in we had biggest snapper only to be knocked of biggest parrot only to be knocked off and 2nd in the red with prizes such as rods reels tackle boxes ect we had quite a haul of goodies to tack hom
so with our over all bagg limit almost reached we ate 2 reds for dinner and headed out again for the shelf to top up what we were alowed to catch ( fishos keeped a record of what we had caught) so back to the shelf for the 2 reds and finished our bagg limit on good size parrot and gold spot wrasse for another great over nighter with fish just consistantly hitting the box so this was 5 full days of fishing and heaps of fish bagging out on reds , parrot and red reef fin fish (60 , 20 each) with a few pearlies and snapper thrown in as well and we were exsausted and can i say it over fishing for the week.
we tolk the opertunity as the winds had moved in by now to shoot back top brissy and grab the kids for some beach fishing and reelaxing they had a ball at the weigh ins and fishing it was a graet end to a awsome week .

our final resaults

2nd overall parrot $200.00
2nd overall snapper $200.00
and jay won a door prize of a free fishing charter with the local shark guy Greg.

heaps of pics and footage to come just need to get them from a xd card to a sd card

wayne

skipalong
23-07-2009, 05:34 PM
nice fish, so from the fishing i guess there are still a few around in numbers

justin

whatscracken
23-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Look forward to the report and footage mate.

murf
23-07-2009, 06:11 PM
top effort Wayne

looks like you are doing it tough haha :)

cheers Murf

jtpython
23-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I see reds everywhere nice work
JT

outwide1
23-07-2009, 07:17 PM
YOU LUCKY BUGGER,you know how much i wanted to be there this year!!!Welldone mate and look forward to catching up when you get home for a beer.OUTWIDE1

outsiderskip
23-07-2009, 08:40 PM
lucky bugger
i only got 2

great fishing

pete

Lucky_Phill
23-07-2009, 09:08 PM
No luck involved hey wayne ..... ? ;D

Just good management ;) 8-)

Nice work, now i hope you talked the leftover reds into moving north a bit in a couple of months. :-/

Can you fill us ferets in with rigs and best baits ??

Cheers Phill

ooglie74
23-07-2009, 09:10 PM
You forgot to mention your snapper that beat Reel Screams.
8ish kg I think.

Cheers Troy

outwide1
23-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I meant lucky bugger being up there,as i was meant to be there this year.I know how much effort goes into getting those red ones.

barfly
27-07-2009, 06:25 PM
maybe it may be a rumour but mitsubishi wont be the major sponsor next year carlton may pick it up time will tell cheers barfly

youngy
27-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Guys, like Wayne said a great comp again, with fantastic weather for a change.

Here is a photo of the leader board at the end of the comp and of Wayne and his crew with a couple of their fish. cheers wayne. ps Wayne if you want a copy of photo just pm me your e-mail.

Vindicator
28-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey Wayne, that carport looks familiar...............thats my house. By the way thanks for leaving my freezer off so that when I got there, there was only half a bag of ice left!>:(>:(>:(>:(

Cheers
Kezza

Nowhere Bob
28-07-2009, 10:19 AM
on the way back through the bar we were met by the fishing athorieties that done a full search of the boat and inspected the whole catch as we keep a eye on our limits and cutting pec fins there was no issue and we were sent on our way with just a warning about 2-3 fish without pec fins cut as we had 40 fish and such a massive bite session to miss a couple could of cost us $400.00 we have learnt our lesson

Sounds like a pretty reasonable approach to me.
Word is though that the boat goes on the record as "Having been spoken to."

Couple of huge nights & mega miles, well done.

Spot82
28-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Well done Wayne, looks like you got stuck into them! Gonna have to start searching out at the shelf for some ground i think!

Thanks for the report

Anthony

Tassie JR
28-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey wayne well done again mate..... cheers 4 the bit of gear and the few tips lol:) and ill shoot you a pm shortly about the the raymarine..... looking forward 2 our free charter with shark boy this w.e with anthony (spot82).... and yeah troy scotty reelscreams went 7.5 something something.....

cheers Dan

kitty_cat
28-07-2009, 06:22 PM
hey kezza sorry about ice if our fault didnt mean to melt your ice but we do bring 2 deep freezers 1 for bait 1 for fillets and didnt need to touch your freezer the boys say it was starting to melt when we arrived but again if our fault sorry just so you know we were at sea from fri- mon so didnt really see much of the house, but thanks for the comments on our great fishing trip.

i thought id mention the fins cutting for a reminder for everyone as it can be something easily missed i can assure you we tried but like i said we have learnt our lesson and are only human , you are right the boat goes as spoken too about the subjuct but not concerned as i always try to do the right thing and will continue to do so ,and i feel i have nothing to worry about as every effort is made to do the right thing everytime we are on the water hence no overlimit fish and trust me we could of brained the reds there were alot more for the taking.

back to the subject thanks for replys and i will get the rest of the pics this week for those interested.

wayne

Reel Blue
28-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Sensational fish Wayne, you and the boys did really well. To catch fish like that requires knowledge and experience. You travel the miles, put in the effort finding the fish, and are prepared to overnight in less than ideal conditions. Well done.

reel scream
30-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Well done again to you and team SUZUKI. Great effort. We had a ball and managed a couple of fish.

You guys were prepared to do the extra time (o'nighters) so justly got the rewards. Next year we will be.

Good to meet you guys.

Cheers
Scott