PDA

View Full Version : Redcliffe, QLD area Outboard servicing?

MoretonBay4Eva
23-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I have had a few small (8-20 hp) outboards over the last couple of years, but as yet haven't settled on a local person for servicing and repairs etc in the Deception Bay / Redcliffe area.

I would like it if anyone has suggestions for outboard servicing places that they have found to be what they hoped for?

If names of people or businesses cannot be mentioned, then any cryptic clues would be appreciated!!

Also looking for some minor welding work above the water line in my tinny if anyone has a clue for that also.

Many thanks Matto !-)

joe 09
23-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Call wade on 0437733056 and you wont go wrong.( clontarf) I've had nothing but perfect service and advice since i started using wade.

Joe

PS: wade even go Mobile if you need him too.

Skusto
23-07-2009, 06:55 PM
keith at jeffers motorsport we found good he is at mango hill tho.

Grand_Marlin
23-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Keith at Jeffers is excellent.
He has just moved to Unit 2 / 11 Brewers Crt at Narangba ... not far up the road from where he used to be.
His number is 0418 740 135

Cheers

Pete

Kleyny
23-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Are these guys good with mercs?

neil

White Pointer
23-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Are these guys good with mercs?

neil

G'day,

I have a Mercury 3.5hp 4-stroke. I have used Cunninghams for service and warranty since new and received good advice, good service and exceptional support with warranty ... but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Give them a call for a quote. I think they are expensive but I don't want a break down and I have confidence in them.

Good people in my opinion.

Regards,

White Pointer

Kleyny
23-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a 06 60hp merc and when i got her it was a little hard to start unless the motor was all the way down. Not a big issue but a bitch when you do alot of shallow water stuff.

I took it to a merc dealer (not cunninghams) they fixed that start proplem but it now idles a little rougher.

Me being me i would like the it slooth and start easy.

I dont mind paying if you get quality service without being ripped off.

neil

sleepygreg
23-07-2009, 09:18 PM
You are on the money with Jeffers, he looks after my bros twin 115 Zukes, and is very thorough and knowledgable. He also looks after other brands as well. He used to offer a mobile service...dont know if he still does. Have also heard many good reports about Cunninghams, though they arent the cheapest....you get what you pay for.

Greg

tin can marlin
23-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I think Jim at Aqua marine is the best on the northside but if it is a motor that is still under warranty i would take it to the workshop that sells that brand. But Jim is on the ball and is very well priced. IMO

shrunken pojie
23-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Just had Wade do the service on my new (to me) motor. I was impressed with the service he gave and the advice he offered. It was the first time I have ever had an outboard serviced so I have nothing to compare to but I was impressed none the less.

QF3 MROCP
23-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Just make sure after any servicing you try and get the muffs on the engine and run it at home before getting you and your mates at the boat ramp at 5 in the morning and find that it don't go!!..

Also check the fuel line hose clamps, electric wiring etc.. all common problems that can occur if checks are not done..

PADDLES
24-07-2009, 08:26 AM
wade weimers is good, we've used him for about 4 years now. it's not just "change the gear oil and hit the road" with him