PDA

View Full Version : Paying boat insurance online?

Dean1
22-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Hey guys my boat insurance is due.

Suncorp want $758 but ive got a qoute on the net and Club Marine are about $650 and say $600 if paid online.

Has anybody paid online, $50 is $50 but maybe its not the way to go?

Thanks, Deano..

dnej
22-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Better get one from NRMA, agreed value, and you can pay monthly
David

lippa
22-07-2009, 08:56 PM
thats the way i do mine deano, online through club marine, getting quote throung suncorp atm though

dnej
22-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Lippa, Suncorp is not agreed value.
David
Yep I know , this has been done to death, but it really gives me the Jerry Jits, that they dont tell you unil the claim, that they pay on market value.NRMA is agreed value.

ausandy
22-07-2009, 09:09 PM
hey dean, i hope the boat has lived up to your expectations, try your local yamaha dealer for YMI insurance. Exclusively for yamaha owners, great rates, and some great extras are included. andy

maztez
23-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I was getting a quote from RACQ shop yesterday for cover for my poptop van . The girl in the shop remarked about coming back to her when we decided as they need the business through the shop and not online as they will lose jobs at shop level .
Now Telstra are charging $2.20 extra on any accounts not paid for on line .

bennyboy
23-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Go Club Marine online! roadside assistance, and they cover the cost of salvage over and above the value of the boat.
If your boat is insured for $50,000 and you lose it on a bar, it may cost $30K to remove and clean up the boat. Most other insurers will cover the cost of salvage and then give you $20K if left over to replace your boat.

Chimo
23-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Pay on line is fine with Club and have done so for a while. people say they are good with claims but i don't know as I've not had one and hope to keep it that way.

Cheers
Chimo

jeffrey_h
23-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I know it's been said but Suncorp now with market value sucks BUT so does their max claim of $1000.00 per item, what if you got a $2000.00 GPS and it gets nicked. I will be ringing around shortly, stuff their multi policy discount, maybe I'll get quotes for the house and cars as well. And they won't do tinnies!

Jeffrey

Birdhouse01
23-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi all

I've worked (well u could call it work) in insurance claims for 10 years.

Online prices are cheaper because you do most of the work, depending on the Insurers back end system.

RACQI usually have the cheapest boat premiums going and their policy is not that different from Suncorp. By the way Suncorp own 50% of RACQI and 100% of AAMI.

I'm at the cheap end of the market, yearly premium about $200.00 all up.

Club Marine are good, but you have to read each company's Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) to determine if the price different matches the better coverage....If you can;t get to sleep read a PDS.

BUt re recovery etc, that generally falls under liability, where most main stream insurers will offer 20mill in cover as standard.

If any of you have trouble claiming, on a legit claim, send me a private message. I'll be happy to help, because the more expensive the claim is, the harder the Insurer looks to reduce/refuse.

Regards

BH

BaitThrower
23-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I paid online through Club Marine... got quote online, paid online then confirmation papers and everything else arrived in the mail 4-5 days later.

White Pointer
23-07-2009, 08:44 PM
G'day,

The lower price is because they don't have to pay humans (us) to process the application.

I tried it online and failed - because we had a break and enter claim on the house and contents in the last year. The on-line website referred me to a phone number, which I rang. They took details and must have checked the claim particulars. They came back within 24-hours and offered me the on-line price and instant cover on a cover note. I accepted.

The T&C of insurance is as important as the price. Club Marine insurance is through Allianz. It requires that the boat is kept behind a secure gate. Read the T&C very carefully - not just the price.

Regards,

White Pointer

Dean1
24-07-2009, 07:58 PM
hey dean, i hope the boat has lived up to your expectations, try your local yamaha dealer for YMI insurance. Exclusively for yamaha owners, great rates, and some great extras are included. andy
Yes mate cant fault her. Im realizing more and more how lucky I was to find her, they are SO rare and ive only seen one other one since I bought mine that would be close, but it had a steel trailer. Ive sure put it through its paces and has performed every time ;) Thanks John for parting with the KC ;D Thanks for the advice ill check it out. Hope bussiness is well.?? Cheers, Deano.

Dean1
24-07-2009, 08:00 PM
G'day,

The lower price is because they don't have to pay humans (us) to process the application.

I tried it online and failed - because we had a break and enter claim on the house and contents in the last year. The on-line website referred me to a phone number, which I rang. They took details and must have checked the claim particulars. They came back within 24-hours and offered me the on-line price and instant cover on a cover note. I accepted.

The T&C of insurance is as important as the price. Club Marine insurance is through Allianz. It requires that the boat is kept behind a secure gate. Read the T&C very carefully - not just the price.

Regards,

White Pointer Mmm thanks for that mate. Will definately read the fine print. Deano.

krazyfisher
24-07-2009, 08:32 PM
strange this insurance thing... I was reading this so went and got a quote from club as I am with suncorp. Club was $100 more than suncorp???

Dean1
24-07-2009, 09:32 PM
strange this insurance thing... I was reading this so went and got a quote from club as I am with suncorp. Club was $100 more than suncorp??? Really??? Was that an online quote??

krazyfisher
25-07-2009, 06:27 AM
yep
i will check it again

jeffrey_h
25-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm about to ring around and just got my papers out.
I said before that Suncorp have $1000.00 on each contents claim item. It reads;
$1000 for EPIRB, VHF or HF Radio,
$500 for any other item, therefore GPS are only worth $500! AND
$5000 in total in any one claim

Third party claim max $10 million

I did ring them about this before and he said that my GPS would be covered for full value but didn't get a written statement from them.

Cheers

Jeffrey

Dean1
05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Just renewed wih Club Marine it was $200 cheaper than Suncorp. As long as boat has some form of security eg. trailerlock, its covered. The only time it has to be behind a locked gate is when its in the lay off months, months you declare it wont be used but I got full 12 mths insurance like most of us would, who knows when the next trip is!! Im happy ;D Cheers, Deano..

griz066
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
The most important thing when comparing insurance prices is to make certain you are comparing like for like or any savings may just bite you in the butt