PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Offshore, Sunday, 19/07/2009.

CHEE-FEE
21-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Left Manly for a quick scoot across the bay and out over the Bar just before sunrise. Got a few fish just North. They shut down, so we went to the Cathedrals and got a few more. Headed back North when they shut down with a bit of wind and chop on the way back, but it was as flat as a board by the time we got back to the 33's. Got a few more fish there with no wind, no sea and no current. Fish bit hard from about 1430 onwards and we left them biting and came in over the Bar just before sunset. Nothing flash, but we had our bag limit of really nice Squire and a good Pearlie. 175km on the Trip Meter on the GPS for about 90 litres of fuel; gotta love these E-Tec's.

Cheers,
NICK.

Captain Seaweed
21-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Wow Chee Fee the stats for your E tec are really impressive. Do you mean Brisbane Bar as South Passage Bar? I also fished the Cathedrals and found it a great day out!

Cheers
Marty

Jurkyjj
21-07-2009, 08:22 PM
WOW! That is great economy.
Well Done!!
Cheers, Jason.

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Left Manly for a quick scoot across the bay and out over the Bar just before sunrise. Got a few fish just North. They shut down, so we went to the Cathedrals and got a few more. Headed back North when they shut down with a bit of wind and chop on the way back, but it was as flat as a board by the time we got back to the 33's. Got a few more fish there with no wind, no sea and no current. Fish bit hard from about 1430 onwards and we left them biting and came in over the Bar just before sunset. Nothing flash, but we had our bag limit of really nice Squire and a good Pearlie. 175km on the Trip Meter on the GPS for about 90 litres of fuel; gotta love these E-Tec's.

Cheers,
NICK.

Nick

What rig are you pushing and what size etec?

cheers

VS

CHEE-FEE
22-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm pushing an older style 17 foot Seafarer Viking cuddy cab with a new 130 E-Tec swinging a 19 inch SS Viper prop. Loaded up with fuel, gear, accessories, blokes, etc., the boat is quite heavy for its size. The engine has 10 hours on it. I'm going to buggerise around with engine height ( maybe 1 hole up ) and I'll get a bit more into the fuel figures once the factory break-in period is done ( 20 hours; half way there already! ). I just love how smooth, quiet and smokeless these E-Tec's are and I'm looking forward to the "no maintainance for 3 years or 300 hours" thing. I wish I'd done this years ago instead of buggerising around with old 2 strokes.

Cheers,
NICK.

Is Don Is GOOD
26-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Good stuff there chee fee, got an old v-sea with a 90 e-tec! cant beat new technology on old faithfuls :thumbsup: Viking is going to be me next step up, with an e-tec of course.

Don

vertico
26-07-2009, 10:13 PM
factory break in period ? i got an etec they are meant to be flat out straight out of the box....

CHEE-FEE
27-07-2009, 08:34 AM
You can go flat wiskas out of the box. Apparently, for the first 20 hours, the engine will use double oil. That's apparently a computer-driven thing that will cease once 20 hours are on the clock. That would be the closest thing to a factory break-in the E-Tec's have.

Cheers,
NICK.