PDA

View Full Version : Wide Noosa

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 11:05 AM
G'Day

Sunday morning left the Kawana ramp at 6 am, side by side with Smithy going out through the leads.

Opened her up and headed Noth, found conditions a bit crappy, but it may have had something to do with the speed;D , after much complaining from the deckie, I pulled back to about 45km/hr, put the tabs down and took it easy.

Arrived at spot Z after a hour 35mins, bit of sounding around and found a show in 70 metres.

Bit quiet for a while, but Bob the deckies steady burlying over the side;D starts to work, my rod bends over, after a bit of grunting up comes a 80 cm snapp, easily a PB for me.

Pulled another couple of smaller specimins then things went quiet so we went for a look around, Bob was lying down comfortably in the bunks by this stage;D

Went back to the original spot for the change of tide, put the anchore down and stayed for the afternoon, left at 4pm and made the 73k's back in 70 minutes.

Travelled 155k's, used about a 100 litres of juice, not bad considering I was into it on the way home.

AJ somewhere around the 12k mark, my first one, best Maori 4.5kg's.

Cheers

Cervinator
21-07-2009, 11:51 AM
nice catch mate could ya see land???
i was out there sunday too picked up a couple trout and a couple snapps on plastic :P

cheers

TimiBoy
21-07-2009, 11:54 AM
A nice catch. Imagine all that cleaning fun!

Cheers,

Tim

samson
21-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Good going though your aj's a samson fish.

-spiro-
21-07-2009, 03:54 PM
You got a good feed with those fish well done

legsy11
21-07-2009, 06:26 PM

i know up the coast is a few clicks up the motorway from me but it looks like an aj from here.

Jurkyjj
21-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Great haul of fish.
Nice work!!

Cheers, Jason.

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Thanks for that, I called it for a Sampson when I first saw it, but, was not sure, the buggers go hard:P

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 07:39 PM
nice catch mate could ya see land???
i was out there sunday too picked up a couple trout and a couple snapps on plastic :P

cheers

Just, couple of trout, very nice, good one

Cheers

Bill

rubba
21-07-2009, 07:42 PM
good catch mate you done well was out mondy good day to cheers dale8-)

skipalong
21-07-2009, 07:59 PM
nice fish mate was a great day for it

justin

finding_time
21-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice one Bill!!

I left the ramp at 5.00am with the father in law onboard, the plan was to hit the banks but the complaining started once we left the harbour, " gees it's abit rougher than i thought:o " No it's not rough i replied it's just dark you'll be fine once it get light;) ! NUP!!! After a few more not so suttle hints we stopped at the blinker and started with the plastics an hr later i get " gees it calmed down:-/ " No it hasn't i replied it's just got light;) ! Any way we stayed around that general area as i felt it was a bit late to head wide;) , good decision as it turned out because half and hr later he had the same issue as your deckie:-[ !! Anyway it was a cheap morning i only used 19L and the 2 squire and 1 mouri cod didn't take long to knock up;) !Relatives:P !!!!!!!!

Ian

Ps. It looks like an AJ to me!

Dean1
21-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Good going Bill!!! Nice to see somebody into a few quality snaps ;) Quite a few hussar around hey?? Cheers..

DALEPRICE
21-07-2009, 08:54 PM
well done bill,
looks like a good feed mate.
cheers dale

samson
21-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Bluey white anal fin, stocky build, blunt head, dark shoulder colouration no doubt a samson and better chewing than an aj.

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice one Bill!!

I left the ramp at 5.00am with the father in law onboard, the plan was to hit the banks but the complaining started once we left the harbour, " gees it's abit rougher than i thought:o " No it's not rough i replied it's just dark you'll be fine once it get light;) ! NUP!!! After a few more not so suttle hints we stopped at the blinker and started with the plastics an hr later i get " gees it calmed down:-/ " No it hasn't i replied it's just got light;) ! Any way we stayed around that general area as i felt it was a bit late to head wide;) , good decision as it turned out because half and hr later he had the same issue as your deckie:-[ !! Anyway it was a cheap morning i only used 19L and the 2 squire and 1 mouri cod didn't take long to knock up;) !Relatives:P !!!!!!!!

Ps. It looks like an AJ to me!

G'Day Ian

Deckie is a rellie to me to, did not bitch to much, only complained about kidneys on the way out;D

At least he contributed to the burley system, no more bacon and egg mc muffins at 5 am for him::)

Have to catch up one day

Cheers

Bill

Vitamin Sea
21-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Good going Bill!!! Nice to see somebody into a few quality snaps ;) Quite a few hussar around hey?? Cheers..

Hussar are a under rated fish Deano, a few were around the 40 mark, could have bagged easily if we fished for them.:-X

Deckie had some for tea last night, they are his target species next time;D

Cheers

Dean1
22-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Hussar are a under rated fish Deano, a few were around the 40 mark, could have bagged easily if we fished for them.:-X

Deckie had some for tea last night, they are his target species next time;D

Cheers Yeah mate they are great chewin, but I love them for bait especially ;) Its good to always bring a few home if you didnt use them all up ;D