PDA

View Full Version : NO Good at Cal wide today

Snapp
19-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Went out to 12mile this morning to find toad fish.
Went to Cal wide the rest of the time for 3 keepers.
We counted 12 boats in the vicinty, I wonder how they went.
My opinion it was a Shocker, >:( after driving round trip of 440klms, again!.

Whats wrong with the fish this year, don't seem to want to play.:-/

at least we watched a few whales & good conditions.

snapperbasher
19-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I was in the cal wide vicinity well within view of all the boats anyway may have been the boat traffic that shut the fish down we found a few away from the traffic.

Angla
19-07-2009, 10:08 PM
That's terrible about the fish but I do like to fish more around the full moon.

The Whales would be a great sight as well as the good conditions

Thanks for the report anyway

Cheers
Chris

bustastu
19-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Yep it was crap out there!

crabby 1
20-07-2009, 05:44 AM
hey snapp
mate you are not alone we headed to the banks, the fishing was slow apart from the six billion red throat that were 37cm ::/ we ended up with 8 fish all day. just great day to be out there ::0

Lucky_Phill
20-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Thanks..... I was going to head to that area, but it seems the great conditions on the water did not coincide with the moon phase that brings the scaley things on the chew.

happens a lot, hey !

Let's take count folks, how many great days have we had this year compared to this time last year. The weather patterns have changed a little.

better luck next time..... Snapp.

Phill

Crunchy
20-07-2009, 07:54 AM
100 km's.....one fish :-[
I'm seeing them (BIG shows) but they just don't seem at all interested

frogfuzz
20-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I went out yesterday. Got a snodger of a Venus. Got busted off by two Cobia. Other than that very quiet. I missed another (bottom) hit when tempting the Cob's up behind the boat.

I headed out that way due to the traffic at 12 Mile, only to find it was fishermen catching fisherman at both spots. I figured things must have been bad when seeing all the charter boats out fishing 12 mile (tends to be bit of a nursery during the day).

Nice day on the water though. Would rather be there than here (work)

chopper*
20-07-2009, 11:07 AM
yep went to 5 mile good shows on the sounder but couldnt loose a bait for about 2 hours:'( :) caught bout 5 pearlies all round 34.99cms and one 35.1cm:D so only one keeper for the day. another mate fishing near me only got 2 keper moses pearch. oh well better than being at home cant wait to get out there again though might try a bit deeper water and away from the thousand boats thanks chopper

dfox
20-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Went out to 12mile this morning to find toad fish.
Went to Cal wide the rest of the time for 3 keepers.
We counted 12 boats in the vicinty, I wonder how they went.
My opinion it was a Shocker, >:( after driving round trip of 440klms, again!.

Whats wrong with the fish this year, don't seem to want to play.:-/

at least we watched a few whales & good conditions.

Dont take this wrong im not bragging but I fished wide C on sunday morning and caught over 70 keepers, i did move around a bit. Greg fished nearby and had over 30. Another mate further south over 40.
The fella's catching fish arent with the mob's and are quiet on the radio ... foxy

-spiro-
20-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Lol Dave.......
Snapp is that driving the car too?
Cause thats a big haul!

Dean1
20-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Dont take this wrong im not bragging but I fished wide C on sunday morning and caught over 70 keepers, i did move around a bit. Greg fished nearby and had over 30. Another mate further south over 40.
The fella's catching fish arent with the mob's and are quiet on the radio ... foxy No doubt about ya Foxy ;)

Good to hear somebody slayed em.

I had my feet up yesterday gave it a miss, its goes something like the quiet achievers i say ;D Cheers, Deano.

Snap Dog
20-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi Snap, I went up to the hard's on sunday, also found it very slow going.4 people on board we caught 14 keeper's in 8hr's

Snapp
20-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Crabby 1
Yeah, under sized red throat, thats' why the banks was off the "to do" list this time.
dfox
no worries, that's what I want to know. It confirms my thougts. (lots are caught by few) for good reasons though. What were the fish?
My defence is, Buy a through hull transducer cause my transon mount doesn't cut it at speed.
Spiro,
no that's just car driving from toowoomba, 85klms on water.

Reefmaster
21-07-2009, 10:21 AM
As foxy said there were fish around but most did come very early morning. I got there about 5am and foxy had 30 odd fish already. Not long after the sun come up it went quiet and both of us did a fair bit of travelling in the deeper water to try find some fish. Would have been good to do a dusk session but it was a casual relaxing day. I did 240km for the day but I left from Raby Bay ramp which was a fair hike in itself.

Small snap

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg161/Greg_L/WideCal190709007.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg161/Greg_L/WideCal190709016.jpg

dunny
21-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I to with the rest of the fleet went off Caloundra .Was on the water at about 830 very dusty I might add as well. Tried in close at a few marks and nothing but toadfish, moved 6nm to another mark and again the toadfish.>:( >:( >:(

Thought the day was doomed so tried out a mark at wide cal in 75m went past alot of traffic but there was no boat to be seen at our spot. Bagged on pearls in an hour and went home satisfied.

I would have to admit fishing with other boats may feel safe. But it does your esky no favours at all.