PDA

View Full Version : new country

snapperbasher
19-07-2009, 08:21 PM
With all the boats out today i decided to look for some new country away from the crowds::) . With green raider on board we headed north of the cape and had trouble staying away from the boats. Every time we started a drift it seemed all the blowflies followed us>:( ,so I headed away from any boats and started sounding for some good looking ground. Didn't take too long to find a reasonable show. First drift I nailed a reasonable snap:D . Thought we may have pulled a few more off this show, but not to be. Green raider nailed a reasonable squire about the 2kg mark, but that was it. We headed further north and found some more good lookin country. A couple of drifts later we had a double hookup with me landing another good snap a tad over 80cm and green raider an amberjack;D . After this we had a plague of amberjack which kept things interesting, but they were the wrong colour with only one more just legal squire in the box. We headed home. I was a little dissapointed on the way home, not sure why, but expected a bit better today:-/ .

Cheers Lochie

Pistol_P
19-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Quality there mate.

Good stuff.

Pete

jtpython
19-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Thats a nice knobby
Curtesy of the neclear chook i see
JT

rosco1974
19-07-2009, 09:14 PM
looks like i should of come up the cape with ya lockie...great fish,looks like i will have to give the placcies a go...normally just bottom bash..cheers rosco

-spiro-
19-07-2009, 09:39 PM
A couple of quality snaps there..shame about the aj's

skipalong
19-07-2009, 09:53 PM
quality fish mate, it would have been like a carpark everwhere today in close

justin

uglyfish
20-07-2009, 07:03 AM
good catch mate,looks like im gunna have to head further afeild as well,tomuch traffic and presure in the bay i think

Horse
20-07-2009, 07:41 AM
If you thought it was crowded offshore you should have tried the Bay. You could not even set up a drift line in most areas. That 80cm job is a good fish. Its a shame the Ambos turned up to spoil the party

therapy
20-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Those snaps are great looking fish Lochie. I'll tell you what dissapointed is, is working OT Saturday night and sleeping Sunday when it's maybe the best offshore day we have had for a while!! Hope that new ground pays off in the future and enjoy your feed!!

Cheer....Terry....

green raider
20-07-2009, 04:53 PM
The neon watermelons let me down :( might have to stick with the good ol nuke chooks next time to keep up with ya! ;D

Captain Seaweed
20-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Great fish Snapper Basher. I am still yet top catch a nice nobby.
Marty

breambandit
20-07-2009, 08:36 PM
what size leader jig heads and braid do you guys use for Snapper fishing in deep water. I normally use plastics to fish in the estuary and am not familiar with their use in deep water.

snapperbasher
20-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

Green raider: told you that you woke the sleeping giant;D a good tradesman never blames his tools, Although I think the nuke chooks have the edge not sure why:-/

Breambandit: We usually fish with 20lb braid 30lb flouro leader and TT jigheads 3/8 to 1oz 7/0 or 8/0 depending on depth, current etc.

Cheers Lochie

Swindells
20-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Ha ha you were a bit disappointed on the way home? for me your day would have been one to remember and slowly exaggerate over the coming years. but then, i never get wide :(

For Steve
21-07-2009, 05:41 PM
I saw the CC pull away on Sunday afternoon and was wondering how you guys went.

Then just now, Green Raider has dropped over some fresh fillets - plenty for a couple of hearty feeds for my crew. Thanks a million mate. :thumbsup:

Don't be too disappointed, it sounds like a pretty successful trip and nice conditions to be on the water.

Regards
Brad

Jurkyjj
21-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Lochie,

Great effort. The 80cm model is a nice fish.
Congrats on getting away from the pack. It often gets on your goat when they all seem to follow.
Cheers,