PDA

View Full Version : ReBait Vs Bubi. No contest !

Lucky_Phill
19-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Ah yes folks. the more grunt you have the faster you go. Go where ? Well that's a good question. :P

I called up Timi to see wot's doin' and he is heading out south passage with Mumsy on Sunday.

Like 4,987,250 other Brisbane fishoes. So arriving at Raby Bay boat ramp about sunrise, thedeckie, Ray and I head out to the bar. We chat to Timi who is on his way, but we follow a couple of ferets out the Amity channel.

We spot some " shimmering " on the water half to to Shag Rock and drop bait jigs. Now you and I know that bait are stupid and dead set easy to catch...... so Team ReBait start loading the live well, but what about Bubi ????? ( over to you Tim ) ;)

OK.

Follow the cruisey north to Queen Street and plonk a live yakka on a 8/0 Senshi. Ray is onto a nice AJ, pics below.

Very slow and radio chatter tells a similar story.

Moved around a bit. Boated some other species. Esky looking sad, but never the less enough fish for a few feeds.

We meet up again in close to Moreton and pull the pin mid arvo.

Thanks Timi for the guide back over the bar. I haven't been out there for a number of years and needed to get my bearings again.

Blo..ody fantastic day on the water. Dophins, flying fish, Whales etc.

There are pics below and 2 are of my sounder. I caanot determine what I saw. I think it may have been a whale echo sound. There were no baots within 500 meters of me and when I turned around and ran over the spots within 1 minute, whatever was down had gooone ! Mystery.

Great day, great company and TX for the beers Tim, went down a treat.

Cheers Phill
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Rays-AJ.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Bubi.jpg

sounder mystery below.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Sounder-mystery-1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Sounder-mystery-2.jpg

. ><> ><> ><>

Jeremy
19-07-2009, 07:13 PM
was busy out there. I fished around Shag and Boat rocks early and got two snapper around 2kg ea on plastics. Went back through the bar around 8.30 hoping to find some school mackeral in the Rous, but didn't happen.

Jeremy

outwide1
19-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Good going mate,i dont think its a whale just a good show of fish.

bugman
19-07-2009, 07:57 PM
How did the foreign car tow the rig?

jtpython
19-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Good day out and great pics to boot. Weather was tending to the sloppy side here.............. See the report was good for you guys
JT

Lucky_Phill
20-07-2009, 05:44 AM
outwide1.

definately not fish. That's why I took the pic. the ' shows ' were at an acute angle up and down. The pic probably doesn't tell the story accurately enough. Weirdest show I have ever seen.

If you have ever seen a anchor dropping through the transducer beams showing on a sounder, that's what this looked like, only it bounced back up to the surface as well......strange. :-/

bugman.

It went surprizing well. Has a lot of torque. Didn't move around in the ar.se end either. ;D

JT.

we won't go tooo far into it. but on Saturday I was heading your way, but turned around at Gympie and headed south again. >:(

cheers.

TimiBoy
20-07-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm glad to see you agree to "no contest" Phil. With the exception of the liveys your tub was clearly outfished!!!

I came home with a 45cm Pearlie, an 85 cm Kingie and a white Trev for the dogs - one angler on board. I put back a 37cm Squire, thought he might shrink, and I expected to see the Cops on the way back... Got spooled (bye bye $100 of braid) and had a couple of interesting bust offs. It was quiet, but Mumsy and I had fun. ;D;D;D

Brought up the biggest damned Grinner I've ever seen, tried bits of him as bait with no luck. He was followed up by some of his mates, wish I'd had a shotgun! And what was eating the bellies out of my liveys? Poor buggers would come up, no guts. Straight out of Alien, I reckon.

I reckon the fish were scared off by all the boats out there. Square Patch looked like Harry's, but it emptied out in the arvy when I came back and scored the Kingie and Trev. There were nice shows of Pearlies at the 37's where I got mine, but they weren't terribly hungry.

Where you cut off the North Channel, on a "better" day that would have been white water - I hardly showed you the way, I think Rebait's been there before, she knew the way!

Service is due on the V-Rod now, better get it done quick. No wait, it'll be three weeks before there's another good day - bloody weather!

Cheers,

Tim

tropicrows
20-07-2009, 09:21 AM
I headed out late Sunday with Alli her son Keegan, and just managed to get the second to last car park in the boat club Tim. Went out thought the southern end of the bar, found plenty of bait around the rocks off Stradie but that’s as good as it got. Tried Seven reef for a while then drifted the 33s, all to no avail. Talk about boats out there, never seen so many. Plenty of chat on the VHF but not many fish being boated. Came home around 3 pm, with and empty esky and two passengers feeling a bit seedie

thedeckie
20-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks Phill for the day out....again, much appreciated, I hadn't been for a fish since December.

Although not a lot of fish to talk about you couldn't have asked for better weather.

Thanks for the beers Timi they were just what the doctor ordered!!

Cheers
Paul

PS: Timi, I really need a set of those PJ's mummsy had.....very sexy!! ;D

DALEPRICE
21-07-2009, 09:04 PM
looks like a very early rebait 1770 crew on their phill !
good to see you getting out paul.
cheers dale