PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable PFDs

Mindi
17-07-2009, 09:11 AM
From these posts obvious I am equipping new boat... yesterday went to Whitworths, Bias, BCF in order looking for expert advice and choices on inflatable PFDs...and was very disappointed ....little product knowledge and just pushing what was there....so I wasnt that surprised.Hutchwilco very good product though at Whits. Then got to MarineSafe at Springwood where Stormy are sold... met Peter who is mgr...discussed my needs and resolved auto/manual question for my situation.. showed me options...showed my how to use them and how to adopt survival positions..how to adjust to swim.. etc etc.. explained servicing requirements...So now I have two Stormys...one yoke and one sleevless vest.
Errr...save the time and just go to Marinesafe behind Springwood Marine would be my suggestion..!...and the standard yoke one is only $20 more than the BCF cheap ones... has a tear down pocket flap to fire rather than a loose hanging cord/toggle... good feature.

ThePinkPanther
17-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Stormy Seas are the pick of the bunch and used by all the volunteer marine rescue groups. They have their own website,

http://www.stormyaustralia.com/

Not cheap but DON"T skimp on the quality! If ever you have to use them, nice to know you have the best of the best and not some third class junk from BCF or such!

oldboot
18-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Yep been there done that and came to the same conclusion.

best product, bang for bucks, total cost of ownership and being confident in the product... stormy from marinesafe......no argument.

save your time go straight there.

no connection, no vested (vested;D ) interest.

cheers

Trekka273
18-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Just got a Stormy myself from the Melbourne Boat Show. Quality is A1, comfort is fantastic, auto inflation, keeps me warm, and the sleeves are removable so when it comes to summer I can take them off and be cooler. For $375, I am very happy.

hakuna
18-07-2009, 02:06 PM
18 years ago I got a stormy pfd that was then in the old orange taft heavy duty jacket long sleeve that you used on the trawlers. Cannot buy them now.I test it every 2 years and still going with no problems, only did a full test 2 months ago.
They make them to last