PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishin!(gladstone)

MINE09
16-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Me n a mate decided to go for a morning fish in around the local islands as the forecast was 15-20 from the west! As it turned out it wasn't more than 5 knots so we decided to head out abit wider,there wasn't much on the chew so we went a bit further to a new mark i found on a previous trip. We anchored on the mark with a nice showing on the sounder and started to pull a few fish which included some nice hussar,parrot and grassies.Things went quiet so we decided to wait b4 heading n ended up getting busted of afew times then pulled a 25kg cod(released to big to bring in the boat),then busted again,then pulled a nice red all the while the wind picked up to 20knots,so we chose that we better head b4 it keeps gettin worse,it would av been great to stay cause the fish were just comin on the chew>:( . Had a great day and a few fresh fillets, doesn't get much better!

HAPPY FISHING;D

dfox
16-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice catch mate! Is that second pic taken at night, i might have miss read? ... foxy

Benno1
16-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Gday and Welcome to Ausfish :D...nice looking esky MINE!!!...well decent feed there mate...way to open the account...what sort of bait did you guys use???...do you use a paternoster rig or the "normal" bottom bashing rig???...cheers for the piccies and post :D

jtpython
16-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Thumper red there .............. Great trip for ya's with good mixed bag
JT

MINE09
16-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah foxy,thats when it started to blow! Thats fishin!

A bit of everything benno,and a standard paternoster rig.

Cheers George

mangomick
17-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Good haul George. You've got to be keen getting out early the way the weathers been lately. I see them tipping 1.6 offshore but the EPA site had the waves at .8 to 1m at the Emu Park buoy. you didnt happen to try the barge up at cape cap did you. I would have thought a few red jew showing up there around now.

MINE09
18-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah thanks Mick, i know what ya mean about the weather and no i aven't tried the barge 4 a while i've been sussing out a few new areas and doin well.

HAPPY FISHING GEORGE

jarhead
18-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice feed there mate.

Cheers Wal

comfortably numb
20-07-2009, 08:01 PM
nice red georgie good to see youve been getting a few.

Hows the yalta going?

MINE09
21-07-2009, 09:39 PM
nice red georgie good to see youve been getting a few.

Hows the yalta going?

How's it hangin' Matty;D , yalta is goin awesome,just can't wait to chase a few more reds!......... how's the big whittley been goin? Spewin we're on opposite crews! Catch ya!!!

comfortably numb
22-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Good mate pulled the first red into the boat the other week pretty happy.
Been flat out for a while we have had a new arrival at home hes taking up a lot of my time ( and sleep ). keen to get out again soon though

Jurkyjj
23-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Nice red there mate.
I still have yet to break my duck on a red emperor.
May day will come.
Well Done.

Jason.