PDA

View Full Version : Think i lost it

Wahoo
15-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi All, had the chance to head out for a fish Yesterday,Tried again for a few Reds...Not one landed, But had a good day,I think i lost it thou with the reds....... Only myself and Jimbo this time, weather was not as good as it was made out to be, but i understand that, At 4am on the water it was a Bit bumpy heading out from Y/K, had to pull the hammer back to about 4200rpm, fishing on our first stomping grounds, only to land a few small mouth, ( not for me either..FIL likes em) Stayed there for about an hour, wind came up a little, bout 10 - 12 knts, and the swell seemed a little bigger, Thought to myself, were not going to get a chance to head out wide. Moved on a bit, about 15K's East to our next spot, Played around the area for a bit, only 1 trout and alot of small peckers, By this time the weather had come a tad better and we headed out wide, Did a lot of work looking for bait balls in deep and found nothing, No birds working at all also, Did a few drifts with nothing to show for, By this time it was 12ish and the weather turned out to be very nice, So by this time we wanted to have a go in about 40m water, headed a little South for new grounds, did a drift or two and showed us a few nice trout, then came the first spanish, he was hooked on a stinger rig with a bludger trev, in about 30m, Moved South again to another new spot, did a drift and landed a few more large trout, moved back to the drift track and put out the anochor, A few more big trout, and another Spanish on a hairtail stinger set up, We did get busted up a few times on the bottom, unsure as to what it could of been, cleaned up the boat and headed home, Was a great day to be out............................Pheeew that took me ages to type,

Cheers

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/tuesdaytrout2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/tuesdaytrout1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/Tuesdayfish2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/Tuesdayfish1.jpg

skipalong
15-07-2009, 07:02 PM
awesome trip daz great trout and spaniards

justin

rosco1974
15-07-2009, 07:02 PM
nice mixed bag there mate..well done
cheers rosco

reel scream
15-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Great bag of fantastic chewing fish mate. Very nice.

Cheers
Scott

ronnien
15-07-2009, 07:10 PM
daz,
them alloy rod holder's on the side of the boat did you put them in?
someone was really thinking (fishing) when they done that job, awesome job.
would you like me to come up & put some reds in your boat like i did for fnq (scott)LOL.
i think i've already replied to this report... somewhere?????????

ron.

jtpython
15-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Would love to get a haul of trout like that mate thats awesome. Mixed bag thou
Great report
JT

Wahoo
16-07-2009, 01:42 AM
daz,
them alloy rod holder's on the side of the boat did you put them in?
someone was really thinking (fishing) when they done that job, awesome job.
would you like me to come up & put some reds in your boat like i did for fnq (scott)LOL.
i think i've already replied to this report... somewhere?????????

ron.

Cheers Ron, The rod holder's are a standard issue with the boat and yes work well, I've told you that you are more than welcome to come up for a fish anytime mate.

Daz

FNQCairns
16-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Wonder where the reds went if those spots are normally productive, so many questions and not enough answers , hope you keep a diary.

Still a great trip and report, if that many fish came over my boats gunnel in a single trip it would be a nice surprise.

cheers fnq

nickstock
16-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Hey Daz,

Still a fantastic report mate. I bet that RTE will be the favourite for you to chew on!!

I know what you mean about the weather Daz. We went out yesterday early and the weather was good until about 6 pm then it started blowing 20 knots from the S/E.

Nick

P.S
I love Jimbo's trendy beanie!!!!!!!Trendy Law Students;D ;D

Pazz01
16-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Good stuff daz, sorry to hear about the reds not playing the game. I know the trout are really keen at the moment.

Still a bad days fishing is better than a good days work. That's what I always tell myself when they are a little slow.

Pazz

Wahoo
16-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey Daz,

I love Jimbo's trendy beanie!!!!!!!Trendy Law Students;D ;D

LOL...Jimbo........ Real Glad he is a mate of mine

How did you guys go mate??

Daz

Wahoo
16-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Wonder where the reds went if those spots are normally productive, so many questions and not enough answers , hope you keep a diary.

cheers fnq

I should of went a little North to our other spots and tried in shallow waters, Yeh a have a book with a few reports in it

Daz

Pedrokkas
16-07-2009, 09:44 AM
No reds but dont let your self down mate, you've got a nice mixed bag there. Well done.

geeb
16-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Great report - great photos - great Scott!! - well done - love those mackeral - fun to catch - fun to eat..........cheers........Geeb:D

Redhunter
16-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Some good chewin fillets of trout there and a great report, thanks

jake0
17-07-2009, 04:24 AM
some nice trout there daz, how far out did you go to get them, my ol man went out last week and found big trout in deep waters, i fly back out mid next week, might pop around sometime, i will give you a call on the weekend, good report and glad you got a few

Wahoo
17-07-2009, 05:32 AM
some nice trout there daz, how far out did you go to get them, my ol man went out last week and found big trout in deep waters, i fly back out mid next week, might pop around sometime, i will give you a call on the weekend, good report and glad you got a few

G'day mate, was out wide, forget the name of the reef without looking at the charts, was new grounds, will show you when come over for a cuppa/beer, i was looking for another deckie Tuesday, was short notice trip thanks to Jimbo, so tell the ol man next time, i dont have his number,

Daz

Fisher-Too
18-07-2009, 02:35 PM
You NQ boyz seem to have all the fun, fish and good weather by the looks, ha ha ha, well done Daz and thanks for sharing your great day out with good firends, very enjoyable read, cheers Mick

goggles
18-07-2009, 06:36 PM
To bad about the reds, but a nice bag still the same. Well done .Wayno