PDA

View Full Version : Quote to fix my boat?

Rainbowrunner
14-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Took the 520 Quintrex Dory with a 4 stroke 50 yamaha tiller steer for a run last week, hadnt been out for ages, felt a bit strange to steer and the ride just wasnt right. When hosing the motor and lifting it up, I noticed there was alot of play as it was sitting up and then oil dripping down the shaft of the ram. Also a dint or bend in the transom. where the bolts go through like there is way to much pressure on one side. It is not a power trim, it has a hydraulic ram that assists in manual lifting. Had the boat for about 4 years so doubt id be able to claim warranty or anything. It is fully insured so maybe an insurance claim is possible? Maybe damaged when running onto a sandbar that had moved with the rain(thats my excuse anyway)
What I need guys is someone who knows what they are doing to maybe have a look or give me an idea of cost to fix and then direct me to a reliable yamaha marine mechanic as it has only been serviced and bought from Sundown Marine which is now closed. I live in Kallangur on the Northside.

Any help much appreciated

Chamelion
14-07-2009, 09:12 AM
If it's been damaged when hitting a sandbank it should be covered under insurance...