PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never

skipalong
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
decided to give it another crack for some cobes again as the weather was supposed to be fishable, left spiniker at day break and made our way out to do some bait gathering and with a few full strings of yakkas we were off fishing,

tried a few spots all day getting busted and pulling XOS cod, with nothing but rubbish being caught all day we went to check out a spot and came across a good show where we pulled 25 fish in 45mins

leaving soon after with a bag of pearlies and some snapper, and some mixed reef shit, ended up keeping one estury cod from about the 10 caught, this one was the smallest at 8kg, the rest were all 25kg plus with the biggest a little over 55kg, but with a good solid feed we left them chewing and headed for home at a beautiful cruise speed of 22knots..

man some of those swell i saw today i recun you could have surfed all the way home, some beauties out there at the moment.

but still no cobes to be seen, soooon.

cheers justin

dkbikes
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
nice fish thats some big cod,

Mac1952
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Well done Justin. Nice feed there, and good on you for releasing those big Cod.:D

Pistol_P
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Bit of grease for the new boat eh Justin.....;D

Pete

jtpython
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Good stuff Justin ......... Weather was the better side of sloppy up our way but seen the swells on the news tonight
JT

bigjimg
12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Great haul ,nice to see your not shy showing your cods.Jim

reel scream
12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice mate. Cobes cobes cobes. Soon. That top snap looks allright. Did you head over the banks today? Would have been hairy.

Cheers
Scott

-spiro-
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Better getting cod than sfa mate. I ain't heard much in the cobe deparment as of yet.

mossyback08
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
nice catch, one of the local pro boats up here nearly lost the lot whilst attempting a bar crossing at low tide this arvo, He must have tried three times to cross it before he finally came stuck when his motor stalled after his boat came down tail first. lucily the coast guard was within 5 minutes away to pull his mate out of the water who got thrown out of the boat. scary shit

Tim_N
13-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Well done Justin, I thought the swell might have been a bit " how ya goin' ".
Tim

Frank OO
13-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Justin,

I heard you out there yesterday. I decided to stay in the Bay and play with small whiptails.

Great looking Fish. Good to see you using ICE in your esky.

Frank OO

skipalong
13-07-2009, 05:30 PM
thanks guys

pete yeah we greased the boat more than 14 times :)

scott the trip across the banks was like crossing the wide bay bar right up the guts but side on, was pretty hairy, had waves curling at about 2m moments beside the boat my eyes were like golf balls, i had to run with it for a while before i got to the deeper shit.

tim im glad i got livebait first because i would have shit myself if those waves broke over the boat. like you say live bait live fish.

frank yeah ice is the key most of it was at the bottom as the fish all come pretty quick and were thrown in i usually take half dozen bottles and half dozen 4l blocks, cleaning the fish is made easy that way.

cheers justin

skipalong
13-07-2009, 05:34 PM
chris have heard couple of reports for mates fishing out of mooloolaba, but yeah real slow had one chance yesterday but busted at the hook so, i know where theres a good shot next weekend now, we only ended up getting the fish in an hour after searching.

justin

Redhunter
13-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Some nice cod and squires there bloke i had a quick look at the wide bay today
and it was a wipe out. Ya did not bad for the conditions

vertico
13-07-2009, 09:36 PM
nice cod mate welldone
where are the cobes :P
sean