PDA

View Full Version : Who claims the fish?

ovakil
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I was on my Father in law boat on holidays,fishing & diving from Bowen.While fishing I had baited my hook threw in water,minute later daughter's line get's tangled so i asked wife to hold mine while I helped daughter.Wouldn't believe it wife brought up a bloody big coral trout & claims it as her catch.>:(>:(
What's the go?
Cheers

Dantren
11-07-2009, 08:43 PM
"everyone's a winner baby, that's the truth"!!!!!!!!!

Tailortaker
11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
your wife was holding the rod, your wife landed the fish, YOUR WIFE CAUGHT IT !!
Personally I'd be happy for my wife if it was me.........

oldboot
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
That all depends on how long you want to be married:-/ ;D

cheers

Jeremy87
11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Well its a test of character isn't it? As long as you got to eat some of it who really gives a sh!t

Chamelion
12-07-2009, 02:27 AM
It's the angler who lands the fish, not the rod and reel.. Therefore your wife caught it and can claim it as her catch, after all, you didn't catch it.

Toughen up princess :P

TimiBoy
12-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Bollocks. My Boat, My Fish!

No, in reality, it's the Angler. Anyone can put the bait down there, but it takes skill to get the fish up. By doing nothing, you did just that! It's her fish, through and through.

Cheers,

Tim

Whitto
12-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Gee's it's not rocket science....The little lady had the rod in her hand landed the fish...it's her fish....if your smart you will agree with her if you know what I mean.....Get my drift ::)

dnej
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
what he said, about being smart.Dont go there
David ( LOL)

Ozie_3
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
as as a bit more info.....

if she baited one and cast out and you picked it up, hook and landed a fish.....

thats hers too..... if youre smart

:) :) :)

krazyfisher
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Now go tell your wife she is classed as bait..... this is why i figure you are married so you caught her, than used her to catch your trout therfore she is only bait......

Let me know how this works for you.........

Chamelion
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
My wife caught the only fish tonight... I baited it, cast it and hooked it but she did the reeling in and landing.. Therefore, her fish. :)

Matt.

The Phantom
14-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Easy, If the wife is involved it is always her fish.

Any other time:

My rod, you reel it in - my fish
Your rod, I reel it in - my fish

BigE
14-07-2009, 09:08 PM
If you argue the point too much she may never touch your rod again and you wont get any fish at all

Bige
you know i'm right

sparkyice
15-07-2009, 01:04 AM
i'd explain to her that for it truly to be "her" fish, she'd also have to clean it, cook it, wash the dishes and muck out the boat...

levinge
15-07-2009, 08:13 AM
You think you have it bad, wife's rod and reel, my special Lure and then this!!

She not only claimed the fish, she claimed my lure as well.

samsnap
15-07-2009, 04:44 PM
stop sookin - you know we (The wives) are "the minister for War, Finance & Fishing!!" Give in & be happy she went fishing with you in the first place :).
Cheers Sammy

robsue
23-07-2009, 08:07 AM
apart from your wife catching the fish, it was her fathers boat, without her you wouldnt have been on the boat..............

Jurkyjj
24-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Let the misses claim the fish mate.....that way you win some more brownie points for her to let you go fishing.
Hey....she may even want to go again...so let her claim it!!

Cheers, Jason.

*Pokey*
24-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Your wife went fishing with you - that's a win.
She caught a fish - that's a win.
She might want to go again now - that's a win.
You didn't provide boat or fuel - that's a win.
Probably wasn't even your bait you put on the hook.
Sounds like sour grapes or even pedantic banter to me.
The remedy is........ take half a cup of cement powder and harden the f**k up buster.
Was this the only fish for the day?
So if you were diving (alone I take it) did you share your catch?
BTW it was always her fish no matter who caught it.
Cheers
Pokey

Swindells
31-07-2009, 10:08 AM
First things first, whats your secret for getting your wife IN the boat, my missus can't pull herself away from hair and nails to come out with me...

And yeah, it's her fish, good on her!

Stacer 5.0
31-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Before the first day out in my new boat I bought the wife a new Penn overhead outfit, loaded it with new line, bought her a lure, rigged it for her, then out we go. As she is new to trolling I let the line out for her at my prefered distance then skippered the boat around some reefy environment. Then the ratchet starts screaming I need to tell her to grab the rod and set the hooks and gave the odd hint on working the rod to tire the fish and bring it in. BUT it was still her fish !!! A 32lb Bluefin. She loved it, and me for that matter. The smile on her face made it all worthwhile. Let her enjoy it.

Its her fish mate !!!

plastic_paul
20-08-2009, 09:04 PM
in our house my money is her money and her money is her money, get the idea??

Damned67
20-08-2009, 09:10 PM
in our house my money is her money and her money is her money, get the idea??

Isn't that the same in every house?