PDA

View Full Version : Beach worms

pirate549
09-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Would Any Body Be Intrested In Learning To Catch Beach Worms In The Sunshine Coast Area ?
Thinking About A Buisness In Beach And Estuary Fishing Teaching Fisherman How To Catch Their Own Worms Then Go Fishing With Them Or Throwing A Cast Net For Livies.
Its Only A Dream But I Am Sick Of Bloody Plumbing
Any Opions Would Be Appreciated:-/ .

rowanda
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
mate I would love to learn to catch them....but being in Newcastle makes it a bit hard!! you could always give it a go and supplement with plumbing till it kicks off......good luck

sandbankmagnet
09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but I've been shown and still can't do it............

thelump
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Would Any Body Be Intrested In Learning To Catch Beach Worms In The Sunshine Coast Area ?
Thinking About A Buisness In Beach And Estuary Fishing Teaching Fisherman How To Catch Their Own Worms Then Go Fishing With Them Or Throwing A Cast Net For Livies.

You may have to run 3 day courses.;D Thats how long it has taken me to teach some of my mates. the swearing and cursing and jumping up and down is very amusing to watch but when they do get one. WOW. You think they have just won a million bucks. A great skill to learn. And a great idea mate. Good luck with it. Do you get many worms on those beaches?

geeb
10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Matey if you can teach me to catch worms from the beach not from parts of my body then I would be in for it - plus would bring my boys along. I have never been able to get them - my old brother in law (god rest his soul) could catch them with his feet..........it was a great site to see. If you ever decide to do it PM me with the cost for 5 people private lesson (dont want to be ridiculed in a group) and we will be in.............cheers.....Geeb

Seahorse
10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
mate, got me

bullies1510
11-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Mate, I'm keen.

sharkymark2
11-07-2009, 01:14 PM
oh heck I am in as well :(

greenie.77
12-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Looks like you have a few takers......Tell them your fee and get started....doesn't have to be anything too formal for now, just a mate teaching his mates a skill (and you get some money!). Good work mate, i would suggest $50 per head with a max of 4 per group. To start.

pirate549
13-07-2009, 08:54 AM
You may have to run 3 day courses.;D Thats how long it has taken me to teach some of my mates. the swearing and cursing and jumping up and down is very amusing to watch but when they do get one. WOW. You think they have just won a million bucks. A great skill to learn. And a great idea mate. Good luck with it. Do you get many worms on those beaches?
can catch anything from 100 to 500 a tide

scottishguy
13-07-2009, 11:52 AM
You can count me and the kids in!

fishel
13-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I'll be at Caloundra in October and would love to learn while I am there. PM me your number and I'll contact you. May be able to get a few others together, as well.

Cheers Eleanor

tinman42
13-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Count me in as well as the deckie. PM me cost and when. I agree with 'The Lump' I have tried before but still can't master it. Maybe 2 x half day courses over 2 day weekend?

Thanks Bob

sagair
13-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Maybe start doing it on weekends to start off with then progress to full time if you get enough enquires. I thought you pipeologists had it easier than us nail bangers LOL. good luck.;D

pickers
15-07-2009, 04:12 PM
it sure is an art catching beach worms.
I did it for a living some years back down at Brunswick Heads and supplied the local bait shops and a couple on the goldy as well.
it's not about speed as a lot of people think , it's all about timing...work that out and your off and running.
I took mates down the beach and some caught worms first go and some couldn't catch themselves because they thought you had to be quick and couldn't grasp the context of timing.
seems like a lot of people are keen to learn so if you need some help just pm me.
pickers

Jurkyjj
24-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah mate, great business idea....but.....it's one of those things, you can either do it or you can't. I have been shown, what must have been a thousand times...but...just can't seem to grasp the idea. Maybe i'm just simple.
My grandfather was an absolute master at it....he used to be able to grab them one in each hand....he couldn't even teach me.

Great idea though....good luck with it!!

Jason.