PDA

View Full Version : Yalta 555 Owner

MINE09
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Being only new to ausfish, if anyone in the gladstone area owns a 555 or wateva and is keen on doin a reef trip in the near future just send us a pm,the yalta has been great so far. If anyones done mods on one i'am keen to hear bout em! Anyways heres a couple of piccys from our last trip!

SgBFish
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I have had a 555 since 2006 and I have made the following mods.

plumbed the back tanks the drains are skin fittings.
removable 90 degree rod holders
float switch on the bilge pump
chain restrainst from the bow to the trailer
new front hubs as the old ones delaminated
new electronics
anchor light on top of the bimini
spectra rope on the winch
heavy duty jockey wheel
stereo
406 epirb

Scott

SgBFish
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Here are the back tank skin fittings.

The top one is the drain 1 3/4 inch drain and the bottom is the 3/4 inch bottom drain. Both exit the side of the boat.

The middle photo show the drain and the inlet from the transom pump note the water enters the bottom of the tank and exits the top. I now have a grate on the exit as gar will lodge in it and it over flows.

The last photo is the drain skin fitting from under the tank. One trick to all this is to seal the top of the tank as one side of it isn't glassed at the top.

Hope this helps
Scott

honda900
09-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Most of the stuff SGBFISH has done and

More rollers on the trailer,
Had the non bait tank plumbed into the bilge
Grab rails for the Deckies beside the seats.
Engine interface for my engine,
nmea 2000 network.
Replace most of the centre rollers with self centering rollers.
Spare wheel carrier and full hub replacment kit. (had a brakes delaminate same as scott).

Check out the yalta appreciation thread..

Regards
HOnda.

SgBFish
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Some more of the light for Honda.

It has a bimini clamp which replaces the standard base which is then pop riveted into place.

The wiring is then run through the bimini tubing and down to the switchboard.

Scott

SgBFish
09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
MINE09

What is the island in the photo it looks very nice.

Scott

MINE09
09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Cheers Scott,

Very much appreciated,the island in the photo is Masthead Island off Gladstone.

George

thelump
10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
I have had a 555 since 2006 and I have made the following mods.

plumbed the back tanks the drains are skin fittings.
removable 90 degree rod holders
float switch on the bilge pump
chain restrainst from the bow to the trailer
new front hubs as the old ones delaminated
new electronics
anchor light on top of the bimini
spectra rope on the winch
heavy duty jockey wheel
stereo
406 epirb

Scott

Hey Scott where did you get those rod holders from and how much were they? They look just the trick for trolling;)

Cheers Jason

SgBFish
10-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Jason.

Whitworths has them they are about $50 each.

The trick is to bend the tongue slightly so they are tight in the slot. They make a terrible sound as they plop in the water if grab the rod quickly.

Scott

chop duster
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm on.....PLOP...... ahhh not again! hahahah!

honda900
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Nice one, thanks scott,

did you lose a launcher where you ran the wires through? I was more thinking I might run the wiring directly into the rocket launcher tubing then as you did bring it out down near the bottom.

Ps, ebay rod lanyards ( 200 pnd mono with ally clips), cheap as chips, that will keep your rods safe, set both mine up at the back for when " the lump" teaches me how to get the spaniards.. ;)

Chop duster, your not having a nate miles moment again are you??? ;D

Regards
HOnda

thelump
11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Nice one, thanks scott,

did you lose a launcher where you ran the wires through? I was more thinking I might run the wiring directly into the rocket launcher tubing then as you did bring it out down near the bottom.

Ps, ebay rod lanyards ( 200 pnd mono with ally clips), cheap as chips, that will keep your rods safe, set both mine up at the back for when " the lump" teaches me how to get the spaniards.. ;)

Chop duster, your not having a nate miles moment again are you??? ;D

Regards
HOnda

Those rod holders are what we will need Honda. Lessons begin about December;)
Chop Duster must be a QLDER. They dont care where they plop.::)

Scalem
11-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Mine is too new to think about mods just yet, I am still in seventh heaven just the way I had it delivered. The only thing I have added is a bar of led lights which is zip tied to the frame of the bimini. The light is not wired into any switch of the boat yet, I carry a jump start battery (which has its own lighter socket) in the side pocket, on the drivers side so this light is separate to the single battery I am running for the boat. Still thinking about dual battery/isolation switch which is not necessary just yet IMO.

Factory install extended bimini is paying for itself where I have not needed to wear a cap or cake on the sunscreen, being shaded most of the time. Happy with that!!

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/100_0357.jpg

Scalem

SgBFish
12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Honda

I did lose a rocket launcher for big rods by running the wires through it if I put a small but int there it is ok.

Scott