PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 Fisher First Blood

Redhunter
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Fellow Oz Fisho's,

Finally my dream boat has arrived and I was going to post a full report on what I went through with fisher boats from start to finish but to tell you the truth I just can't be bothered,

But I do want to say a huge thanks to Mick , he really did help me right from the beginning and I don't think I would have my boat today if it wasn't for him. Also to Darryl who did a great job on the fit out and also to Buddy Mania who kept in contact with me and helped me keep sane. Then to Mick Sanderson who honoured my contract which he wasn't really obligated to do, so thanks to all the these blokes.

Now to some offshore.

The plan of attack was to get a general feel for the boat and maybe get some fishing in at the same time. I left Sunday through the Wide Bay with a SSW blowing and headed out to the Pinnicles to do a little bit of trolling and get some more hours up on the motor. Normally mid winter I have jagged a couple of lone Wahoo in the 10 to 20 kilo bracket, but with some good weather I looked out on the horizon and the red fever got the better of me so I headed out to chase some reds.

Before going I went to one of my marks to get some grinners, some people may laugh at that but I believe them to be one of the best baits to catch reds. The fillets are hardy and tough but still flow through the water and resist pickers.

After getting out wide and looking at 5 to 8 bombies things where looking slow and a decision was made to head another 40 k north to some gravel area. These areas hold a good concentration of bait and when things are slow I always move to these areas. After putting a few lines out and drifting through the bait balls things seemed slow as well, it wasn't until I found a tightly packed school that the action started.

With the first drop I got smashed and then up popped a nice 10 kilo red. With a few undersized reds coming up it all slowed up so I moved north and searched more gravel areas. I found some more tightly packed bait balls and after a few drifts over this area up popped a nice 7 kilo snapper. With time getting on and a few more drifts I caught another 8 kilo red and headed for home.

sleepygreg
07-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Mate --- what a way to christen the boat. Nice reds and an awesome looking ride. Though it sounded like a lot of hard work to get firstly the boat, then the fish.

Looking forward to seeing many more reports from 'red hunter'.

Cheers
Greg

Wahoo
08-07-2009, 03:41 AM
Congrats on a fine boat, and to top it off you nailed some nice reds, cant get better than that for a first run, looking foward to read future reports

Daz

STUIE63
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
mate a wise man once said all's well that ends well nice ride and nice reds and snap you gotta be happy with that
Stuie

nickstock
08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
First up congrats on an awesome looking fishing platform. It is good to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Second,
Top catch from what sounded like hard fishing conditions.

Look forward to reading many more red reports.

Cheers,

Nick

BeastMaster
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Nice looking boat - sounds like you had a few drama's on the way though, Ive recently just revamped my old 1985 Sportsfish. When the dust settles I'd be interested to see how you fitted her out.
PS good way to blood her in well done!
Beast

Fishing_Freddy
08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Great looking rig, and what a way to blood her on it's maiden voyage.
Well done
Ken:beer:

skipalong
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
nice rig matematch with some top blooding conditions for the boat, reds to be pleased for.

cheers justin

jtpython
08-07-2009, 05:29 PM
What a way to go nice boat and to christen her with some horse reds great stuff.
She is a nice rig

JT

Buddy Mania
09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm so jealous ... on a number of levels.

You deserve it Steve. From the pics it looks like a terrific boat. From knowing a bit about your experience through this, I know this is a fantastic outcome for you. You backed your instinct, and put a fair bit of faith in Fisher MkII as well. It's fantastic to see you weren't disappointed.

Your experience gave me the evidence I needed to re-load with Fisher MkII, and I'm pleased to say my own rig is now well under way. Thanks heaps.

Buddy

spelchek
09-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I dunno mate, but I reckon you could use a few more rocket launchers. How do you think you're gonna get by with only 150 rods on board?

Crisp Bee
10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
What a top way to christen the new boat. Red Hunter is a top name as well.

jarhead
12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Very nice rig, gotta be happy with that.

Cheers Wal

Redhunter
13-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks everyone for your positive feedback, I will try to do as many reports as I can of the Wide Bay and yeh Spelchec I think I went a bit overboard with the rocket launchers, thanks for the laugh!!

Jurkyjj
13-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Nice boat and great fish to boot.
Congrats on getting the new boat on the water and christening with some nice fish.

Well Done.

Benno1
14-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice catch of reds and a sweet ride...lookin forward to the next report...cheers Benno and Mrs Benno

dean_allo
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
nice fish there mate, they match the nice boat. . I took delivery of my fisher a few months ago aswell, Mick also helped us out. .Good luck with the new boat mate, looks great. .

addobaz
02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Mate that is a great photo of the red and the snap! Fantastic christening. Any stats on the boat?- Motor, hull weight, performance and ride?

nautical prince
03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
nice report wish i had the same luck when i blooded the new 760 bar crusher 300km for F all headed to gardeners with wind blowin its tits off two weeks ago. nice boat they are good guys over there.

littlemac
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
congrats on both parts
really good fish and a even a better boat

cheers

brett

ozassassin
07-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Nice boat mate, and some nice looking fish to go with it.

Eric

Benno1
08-10-2009, 11:49 PM
truely a great looking boat mate...how did you find the ride???...did you need too adjust the trim tabs much???...did you use much feul???
im glad to see you pinned a few decent reds too...nice one :)
thanks for posting im looking forward to the next lost of piccies :)

Mrs Benno1
Sunny