PDA

View Full Version : Much Needed Therapy

lampuki
07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi all.

For the past twelve months, work commitments have not allowed for any fishing. 7 day weeks were killing me. It finally took one of my colleagues to have a break down to realise that it was time for a break. Told the boss i was going fishing.

Took my next door neighbour offshore moreton. 1st time I have ever gone fishing without taking any bait.

Landed kingies, amberjack, bonito and pearlies. Kept 6 fish, released the rest. Started jigging and have fallen in love with the technique. Intertested to see what species I can catch using this technique - all the fish above were caught jigging.

No Snapper, not totally surprising considering I havent been fishing for over 12 months and I dont have a good pulse on where the reds are.

Also, my bait spot next to the cape was not productive. Anyone willing to pm me a bait spot near the cape would be most appreciated.

I am hoping to do more fishing and less work....and post more fishing reports.

nickstock
07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Great report mate,

Life is way to short to have a break down due to work.
Great fish and a new found fishing technique that works for you. Doesn't get any better than that mate!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
Nick

jtpython
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Mate you need tp have that break more often. Weekends come and weather's good i'm out of here........... We should rally to have the weekends change to work and we have the week days off
JT

Angla
07-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Life is definitely too short to work the whole time. A man needs a break to revitalise the body and mind.

Cheers
Chris

scoota
08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Best therapy of all IMO;)

Livies at the beacons and the Bulwer Ledge on the way out.

Careful of those green zones around the cape. Could be expensive livies!!!

Scoota...

Frank OO
08-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi Lampuki,

Jigging is a great thrill because the fish you catch are almost always a good size.

I only mention this because it could add another species to your personal best (Jigging). I think the fish in the second photo is a Samson Fish.

Well done and I hope this new found sport will allow you out a bit more.

Frank OO

TimiBoy
08-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Careful! I got this on a knife jig at Agnes a couple of weeks ago. But "Wait," you say, "Sharks don't take knife jigs!"

Got news for ya buddy! 2metres+, 100 Kg+, and damn hard work on a jigging broomstick. That's Lucky_Phill finishing the job - I was rooted...

;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

skipalong
08-07-2009, 04:44 PM
those bastards are everwhere these days

lampuki
08-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Timiboy.

We had a shark hang around our boat...it looked very simliar to the shark u hooked. He/She was not interested in our livies or jigs though.....it was more interested in our parachute.

Scoota, thanks for the advice. My spot for livies is nowhere near the green zone...it wasnt much use though. The jigs were more effective anyway.

Fishing_Freddy
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Well done for a first time with jigging. I havent tried it as it looks like a lot of work, but if you get fish like that I might have to give it a go.
Ken :beer:

lampuki
10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi fishing freedy......that was a mis conception i had as well....to be honest, its not that hard......you dont need a hectic retrieve.....good gear helps.

TimiBoy
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I've found a quick retrieve helps - fast action is Kingie and Ambo heaven. Just forget the sharks. I'm trying to remember how I got that bastard and NEVER DOING IT AGAIN!!!

Can't do it for long, but when you hook up? More fun that a hot tub full of centrefolds!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Jurkyjj
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Great work mate.
Too much work and not enough play makes a very stressful life.
Keep the fishing and the time off going and stress less.

Great fish there.

Tight Lines.