PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies Sunday Afternoon

tenzing
07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
After reading the other posts about sunday pm it seems we were not the only ones enjoying the conditions.
Headed out from Scarborough mid afternoon, picked up a few livies on the way to Hutchies. Anchored up about 4pm and started pulling up what seemed like dozens of 34 cm pearlies. started to berley and had high and low livies plus a floating pilly.
Ended up with a fat cod from the bottom livie and a couple of maori cod ,some legal pearlies on plastic , and some tuskies.
The higher livie seemed to be going nowhere so I changed it for a flesh strip with a squid chaser, still no luck but just as we were packing up, a nice spangly decided to stop by for dinner. He went 65cm and just under 4kg . PB.
Back to Scarby at 60km . a beautiful afternoon
Brendan

PS just eating the spangly in a tempura batter as I write , roast potato. toasted turkish bread and salad . Mmm (Lifes Good!). did I mention the icy cold beer?

nickstock
07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Congrats on your PB mate.

Allways a buzz getting a PB

Cheers,

Nick

jtpython
07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice one brenden nice PB
Nothing wrong with the spangled good chewing . Great to see the conditons held out
JT

Angla
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice catch Brendan. Were you racing the sun to get back in as that must have been a quick fish otherwise.

Did you have any whale activity around?

Cheers
Chris

tenzing
07-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice catch Brendan. Were you racing the sun to get back in as that must have been a quick fish otherwise.

Did you have any whale activity around?

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris,
No mate we stayed till about 7.30, back on the trailer about 8.30
Yes there were a few whales around but none too close to the boat, but always a bit of a concern when travelling east west at any speed.
Full moon though and easy to see , just went a little more carefully till closer to the cape.
Brendan

Fishing_Freddy
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Great looking fish well done on your pb.
Ken:beer:

Wahoo
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
thats good going, next trip will have to be another PB, and now you made me hungry ...lol...

Daz

skipalong
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
not a bad pb at all awesome fishing

Jurkyjj
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Great fish there.
Spangly's are soooo much fun.
Fight so hard for there size.

great effort.

tenzing
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Great fish there.
Spangly's are soooo much fun.
Fight so hard for there size.

great effort.
Yeah , I had the drag on the baitrunner up around 4 kg and it pulled away quite easily. I backed it off a bit closer to the boat as the leadr on my snood rigs is prett short and it still seemed to have a fair bit left in it. Poor No.1 son coppes a bit when his net shot ended up with the net attached to the leader but the fish out of the net.
A quick grab of the leader took care of things .
Brendan