PDA

View Full Version : CMC power tilt and trim

timothy
07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Recently went looking for power T&T for my 30 hp yamaha. Age and the back meant the manual tilt was becoming a trial.

Finished up buying the CMC PT35 from Wayne @Caboolture for $1100 delivered to my door in Newcastle 3 days later.

I'm no mechanical genius, but with a bit of help with the lifting on and off of the motor, had no trouble fitting and wiring the unit myself.

It is fantastic! If anyone else is thinking of fitting one, I highly recommend these.

FNQCairns
07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Timothy, did the extra setback change the boats behaviour or the ergonomics much?

cheers fnq

timothy
07-07-2009, 09:24 AM
yep...improved ride and performance.

I RTFM'd the instructions a few times, then fiddled with string lines and levels to make sure the new motor height was spot on. Motor sits about 85mm higher than when on transom. Cav plate rides in cleaner water, and after experimenting with trim settings on water, I get on the plane quicker, then adjust trim depending on weight of for'wd deckie.

I had to get a tiller extension handle for comfort when driving, but am currentl up to mental design #457c for a small console with mechanical steering.

My hull is a Seaman mark 2 and and a mate who has been fishing in the boat for years cannot believe the improvement.

cyclone8888
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I have one too - ride and handling is marginally better, heaps less cavitation though which was a problem before hand.

The tiller handle is a little further back but still comfortable to drive.

Had it on for about a year now and its going great, like tim i highly recommend them.

gybrid
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I was looking at getting one for my motor but $1100 seems like a lot (not that I have done that much research). If anyone knows of a cheaper option please let us know... I have a 30hp Mariner

Jase

black runner
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I was looking at getting one for my motor but $1100 seems like a lot (not that I have done that much research). If anyone knows of a cheaper option please let us know... I have a 30hp Mariner

Jase

A mate was looking at least $1800 a few years ago for one for a 30 merc, so $1100 sounds good.

Snowman
11-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Gybrid....good news. The current price on a PT-35 trim and tilt is $998. 51.

In this price you will have made a small contribution to the Govt of the day amounting to $90.77. This helps to run our country???
All of our units are manufactured and imported from the USA which means we are allways at the mercy of the exchange rate, although I try to keep the prices somewhere within sensible. Courier freight to your door can amount to anywhere between $12 and $55 depending on where you live. Give me a call any time on 0409 910 808 if you want more info or see our web site at cmcsales dot com dot au

nipsta
14-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Gybrid....good news. The current price on a PT-35 trim and tilt is $998. 51.

In this price you will have made a small contribution to the Govt of the day amounting to $90.77. This helps to run our country???
All of our units are manufactured and imported from the USA which means we are allways at the mercy of the exchange rate, although I try to keep the prices somewhere within sensible. Courier freight to your door can amount to anywhere between $12 and $55 depending on where you live. Give me a call any time on 0409 910 808 if you want more info or see our web site at cmcsales dot com dot au
Hi i was just wondering would this work on my tohatsu 25 hp 2 stroke and how do you control it just a up and down switch i gater just havent seen any photos of the unit control parts