PDA

View Full Version : Yalta Triple 5 - how high does my carport need to be?

CT
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm in the process of renovating the carport to fit in our new car. The plan is also to get a Triple 5 in the not to distant future so I don't want to have to repeat the job!

How much clearance will I need to fit one?

Cheers
Craig

Scalem
03-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Craig,

I just took quick measurements of my triple 5 because I forgot what they were since building my car/boatport. She's quite high, but the height of the carport at the house side is around 3.5 mtrs which is the max allowable, and 3.4 mtrs at the gutter side allowing for fall of the roof.

The best part of having it so high is that I clear the top of the radio arials ( I have one either side of the boat, both VHF and 27Mhz) by only a couple of inches. The arials are mounted at an angle as shown here
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/100_0359.jpg
In the boatport
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/SDC11022.jpg

If you want to drop the arials down every time your next tallest obstacle is the all round light which is approx 3 - 3.2 metres tall. I didn't get rocket launchers.

Where are you located? If you want to drive to Logan on south side of Brisbane you are welcome to take some measurements of your own.

Scalem

CT
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Your a legend. Thanks mate.

I was thinking 3m posts, so once a stirrup is on the bottom, I should be close to the money for fitting without canopy, aerials and light up.

Unfortunately a bit far for a drive. I'm up near Gladstone. Appreciate the offer though.

Cheers
Craig

Scalem
03-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Glad to help Craig. Might ask you a favour one day if I tow the rig up to your neck of the woods for a fish. Never done that B4 and excited at the prospect of doing a serious trip one holiday. Just need a little local knowledge to make it a safe and productive trip;)

Good luck with your carport!

Scalem

CT
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Glad to help Craig. Might ask you a favour one day if I tow the rig up to your neck of the woods for a fish. Never done that B4 and excited at the prospect of doing a serious trip one holiday. Just need a little local knowledge to make it a safe and productive trip;)

Good luck with your carport!

Scalem

Best advice,..bring the pots in case the weather is crap and you spend the whole time hiding up the creek!

Cheers
Craig

MINE09
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I've just recently purchased a triple 5,i live in Gladstone. If u want to do some measurements that will be fine!

bigjimg
08-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Sometimes you just have to go high,and lovin it.Jim:D

TheRealAndy
08-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I had my carport designed to accomodate a yalta 555. Carport still to be built and boat still to be purchased. Need a builder that will do the whole lot concrete included then need someone to buy the boat for me and find the time for me to use it!

Scimitar raider
10-07-2009, 08:00 PM
About 1 cm. should do it.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Donny Boy
10-07-2009, 09:09 PM
3.5 sounds about right, if you want to leave the aerials up.
K- Dog up the road just got his 615, and his clearance is 3.1 ...he can get in, and he has an anchor light on the top of the Rocket Launcher........but he has to put the aerial down.

Scalem
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Straight through to the keeper for me, what da?:-/

Scalem

Scimitar raider
10-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Think about it! the question was "how much clearance do I need?" Joke Joice

Scalem
11-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Ah yes, no distractions around me ATM ( they are all still in Bed:sleeping:) in my case it was a couple of inches!!:hammer:

Scalem

CT
11-07-2009, 10:34 AM

Yeah yeah...whats that saying about ask a stupid question!

And then you blokes have the cheek to post up all these photos of nice shiny Yaltas. Talk about knowing how to depress a bloke!

Cheers
Craig