PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Walker - Watersnake Electric Motor

Pete62
03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Not to start a debate on which is a better or worse lecky, just a bit of feedback on my experience with my WS and Jarvis Walker.

My motor is about 3 years old, sees a fair bit of work and it was getting a bit noisy and loose in the steering so as apposed to dishing out for a new unit I got in contact with the guys at JW.

After a few emails I had on my door a new complete steering/locking mount and housing for $120.00

Just finished fitting it and it sounds and looks brand new.

Can't speak highly enough about the service I got from Jarvis Walker.

Pete.

Zooter
03-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Nice M8, Im lookinging into getting one soon ,
Only because of the cheapness of the JW compared to Mnkota and it is great to hear good feedback,

I personally think there is going to be good and bad feedback in basically every product, Every one uses things differently or more so its always hard to work out which way to go on sum things, Thanx again for your feedback Pete!

Tailortaker
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I've got a WS and had a minor problem as I broke the plastic colar on the shaft. One email to JV and a new one was in the mail the next day under warranty.
Their service is second to none.

Kleyny
04-07-2009, 08:03 AM
yep can not say enough good things about the product or their after sales service.

Yes you do get what you pay for, but personally i could not justify spending double the clams for a better brand.

neil

lowlux
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
same here can't say enough about there sevice i rang them up chasing the main shaft bearing as had a bit of a miss hap with a sand bank next thing i know they where taking the motor away to inspect why the part failed for no charge(motor is out of warranty) and said they would fix it for nothing

will be buying one again for sure:)

wrenchman
19-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi , i purchased a second hand watersnake Bow mount and iam a little confused with the pedal set up . in the Manual it shows the 3 large buttons Left button for left turn and Right button for right turn and it says the rear button is for Pause . if i have the ON/OFF switched ON and the motor running the rear button does Jack ,,, if i have the switch to OFF and i press on the rear button the motor starts working . is this correct or do i have a problem ??
thanks in advance

nipsta
19-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi , i purchased a second hand watersnake Bow mount and iam a little confused with the pedal set up . in the Manual it shows the 3 large buttons Left button for left turn and Right button for right turn and it says the rear button is for Pause . if i have the ON/OFF switched ON and the motor running the rear button does Jack ,,, if i have the switch to OFF and i press on the rear button the motor starts working . is this correct or do i have a problem ??
thanks in advance

you have it right thats the pulse mode so you dont have to switch the revs on all the time just pick a speed and set at that and hit it when ya need it i have notice mine gettin g a little slack in the revs whether the battery is loosing its level of power not sure but at full it doesnt seem to rev out as far as it did by the sound im hearin soi checked the bearing part and seems to be ok i give it all a good spary of inox and i will get to test it out htis coming weekend will report if issue fixed but i will say when iu have had a issue under warranty fixed asap so im happy as with my ws and will get another if it packs it in and ill still be infront of minkota

krazyfisher
20-07-2009, 06:12 AM
The buton/peddel should read pulse not pause

wrenchman
20-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the quick reply`s ... Iam still in the learning class when it comes to electric outboards . Only been out twice with it , iam sure i will get the hang of it , so far iam very impressed with it .