PDA

View Full Version : Great day on the Reds off Yeppoon

dsma@rky
02-07-2009, 09:43 PM
My 13yo son and I left Rosslyn Bay harbour at 6:00am yesterday and headedeast for just over an hour.

Conditions were brilliant with calm winds and near flat seas.

Things were very quiet for first few hours and it was not until about 11:30am that the young fella landed the first red. From this point on over the next two hours it was typically a legal red fish every bait that went over the side. We eventually bagged out on reds and kept a couple of nannies to top it off. i also landed an 8kg cod that went back due to lack of room in the kill tank and esky.

Best red was 8kg and ranged in size down to 4 kg. Nanny went 7.5kg.

We finished fishing at 2:00pm for the trip back to harbour.

Oh and I must say that the young fella landed 6 red to my 4, was getting a bit cheeky at the end and offerred for me to pull his last one in...ha ha

The photos below show our haul, i had to split the fish in half (photos) as i am staying in caravan park at present and filleting one half yesterday and the remainder this morning....

nickstock
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice work mate!

Give the young fella a pat on the back. Good to see him pulling his weight...........well actually he is dishing it out to you:P :P

Nick

Angla
02-07-2009, 10:16 PM
That's a beaut catch for the time you spent out there. I hope you put a cross on the side of the boat so you can find that same spot again.

Good photo's too. Sorry to hear you got outfished but I hear that does happen infrequently.

Cheers
Chris

jtpython
02-07-2009, 10:18 PM
That is some excellent work Damian the young fella's arms must be pumping.
Thats is a remember able trip mate Congrates
You have gotten your overdose on reds now.
JT

rosco1974
02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
mate great catch..as usual the youngfellas always seem to outfish the oldies...cheers rosco

mangomick
03-07-2009, 07:18 AM
I'd be grinning like that too. good catch. We picked up 3 reds but all under size:'(

nautical prince
03-07-2009, 07:44 AM
With a Haul like that i think there will be another fish junky looking for therapy like the rest of us well done mate great catch and good father son competition. I always love out fishin the old man

Fish_gutz
03-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Nice catch of reds there and congrats to the young fella. in the first picture the third fish from the right looks like a big jack. Cheers Andrew

MY ALIBI
03-07-2009, 11:16 AM
hi guys thats a good haul of reds for day time 4 only hour out , i got to go 2&half hrs out for that ....

were you in wide ferns or johnson areas ???/and what bait they chew on at the time.
and good on the young fella to hope he keeps it up.....

cheers wayno

lethal098
03-07-2009, 02:39 PM
great catch there guys well done, good to see the young fella given his old man a run for his money. cheers Lee

dsma@rky
03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
My Alibi, wide grounds due east of Pinnacles. They were biting on squid and pillies, it didn't matter.

skipalong
04-07-2009, 01:42 PM
top fishing mate some quality fish there

justin