PDA

View Full Version : Kevlacat 2400

maxi
02-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi, Just looking for feedback on the Kcat 2400, my mates and I are looking at buying a 2006 model with twin 140 zukes, I read through a few old threads about them not being made strong enough and also fuel leaking into compartments if you fill the fuel tanks to the top.:'(

Any feedback would be appreciated.
:D
Greg

fly_1
02-07-2009, 10:07 AM
They are a great boat, ride well. They are built well, and I have never heard of a 2400 leaking fuel???. If you want a big trailerboat, you will be very very happy with the kcat...

CCDrifter
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Maxi
I have just upgraded from a 6.25 cruisecraft to a KC2400. I am now over the moon with my choice. First time alone in a decent ocean I was Scared SH^*%Less but have now come to terms with it and I can't see myself ever going back.

Nathan

Jabba_
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM
KC are an awesome boat, and Zuks are awesome motors... It will be a kick arse rig...

Finnatical
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
It all depends on what you are comparing it to, but if it is a trailable mono the KC2400 will definately be a better ride. If you haven't owned or been in a cat they take some getting used to particuarly trimming them right for the optimal ride and speed in any given condition. As with all boats they have their downsides which have been well documented as is the case with most if not all cats.

So far as ride is concerned they are great and once you get used to them 'walking' across the water you will never look back. I have had mine for 2 years and still wait for the bang over some waves that after most of my life in a mono you know will hurt - but it just doesn't seem to come. I find the cat is the opposite to the mono as it is the one that you think will be ok that will hit in the tunnel at the front and give you a bit of a bang (although are not very frequent and very much depend on your angle to the sea) but a bit more throttle normally sorts those ones out.

They are great on fuel and mine gets 1.2 to 1.3 klms to the litre (combined) day in day out. There doesn't seem to be much if any difference in consumption from 4000rpm up to 4800/5000rpm. The suzuki's are great motors although can be a little sluggish out of the hole if you have full fuel, plenty of gear and four crew. With a light load they fly and mine tops out at around 42kts with two on board and around 300litres of fuel and the usually fishing gear (no big esky though).

Definately go for a ride in one before you decide as they are a lot of money to spend if you are not sure you can live with the cat quirks (which for my money are completely out weighed by the benefits).

Good luck.

mirage
02-07-2009, 08:46 PM
As above. I love mine. Had it nealy two years and wouldn't goack to a mono.

maxi
03-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys,

We have put a deposit down so time will tell, I am looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Greg

CCDrifter
03-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Once you get your head around driving it you wont regret it.

Nathan

business class
06-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Once you get your head around driving it you wont regret it.

Nathan

I can't believe the cat bug has got you already:rifle: Listen to yourself your making me sick with these comments :sick2: ;) :P .