PDA

View Full Version : GC 24s Sat 27th and Tues 30th

two dogs
01-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Howsit fellow ausfishers,

just a quick account of a couple of days down the coast for those that are interested. Took 2 mates out on the saturday and fished the 24s out from the seaway. Found it a bit slow only bagging 8 legal snapper (4 on plastics), biggest (fell to a pillie) going 45cm... quality was down a bit. Also only landed a single trag which i found a little surprising. Also had a bit of a play around at the cobia hole with numerous fish swimming around the back of the boat. Managed to hook up three times, once when a rather large specimem took a liking to a small flathead coming up from the bottom, it ended in tears quickly. Two other hook ups both on live tailor but failed to set the hooks after the initial run.

tuesday saw 3 generations on board fishing similar areas. Found the bite was a lot more consistent however it only lasted an hour or so before all we could catch was bait and a move was in order. We kept 10 squire around 40cm, the biggest went 45-50cm caught on plastic, actually all but 3 fish fell to my plastic fishing (5" nuke chook and blue pepper neon) while the older generations were kept busy catching good size trag on bait. Nothing at the cobe hole but a plague of undersize tailor, i'm thinking any cobes in the area are well fed

Cheers

JJT
01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
mate we were at the 24s on tueday as well couldnt get a touch all we could find was yakkas. and when we did find a decents show ont he sounder wouldnt touch anyting.
what area of the 24s were u fishing norht south east west. dont nned great detail dont want to to take your spot:)
also wat size jighead were u using?
any help will be greatly appreciated
regards jason

two dogs
01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
we were nearly directly out from the seaway, anchored on a good show of bait and fish. I was using a 3/4 ounce 5/0 jig head. and i just threw the plastic up current and worked it when it was on the bottom. To be honest this is probably only the 3rd time that i have had consistent success out there with plastics, but then again the tuesday was probably the first time i really persisted for nearly the whole day. i found that on both days the plastic really attracted the snapper while everyone around me using bait still got fish (trag/bait), i only caught one trag on plastics

JJT
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
cheers fot the advice we were probably near you we were on the northern end of it as well we were in a savage ranger two younger fellers
thanks again mate
regards jason

Sidewayz
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a good couple of days fishing... Pity you didn't have a better crew on Saturday. I'm assuming Naz (i work with him) was on the boat with you, seeing that he had a very similar story on Monday morning.

Cheers

Dave