PDA

View Full Version : Deep Tempest 30/06/09

Duckfish
30-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi All,
Left Manly ramp at 5.30 am. Travelled across a flat bay , went thru a nonexisting Bar and headed out to Deep Tempest. Conditions were good with a light SW. Current was running southeast but our lines were heading North but was quite workable. First drop, we were on with four hookups and four good size snaps on board, then it shut down. Worked hard for the remaining fish till late morning and then another bite session. My mate Pete caught a humongous Cuttlefish so plenty of Calamari for awhile. We ended up catching our bag of snapper and we left at about 1pm. All in all not a bad day. Sorry no pics as the photos exceed the allowable limit.

Duck

dkbikes
30-06-2009, 08:55 PM
sounds like a great day, i was out there last thursday got nothgin, 1 pearlie and trevally, and an a/j at hutchie ont he way home, we also got a cuttle fish out the to, was amazing to see how strong the suckers were,

Angla
30-06-2009, 09:05 PM
We don't want to miss a good picture. IrFanView is a free program for resizing your pictures to 600x450 and then you will be able to post them and we can all see the evidence of your success and heap praise on your expert techniques

Cheers
Chris

Skusto
30-06-2009, 09:06 PM
good to see there out there yet to get out and catch a few.

Duckfish
30-06-2009, 11:24 PM
We don't want to miss a good picture. IrFanView is a free program for resizing your pictures to 600x450 and then you will be able to post them and we can all see the evidence of your success and heap praise on your expert techniques

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Angla for that Infranview suggestion. As you can see I've used it so now you can see what we caught.
Duck

outsiderskip
01-07-2009, 04:55 AM
how were the sharks there
we were there earlier that night had shark taking all our fish
and they were swimming around the boat

pete

jtpython
01-07-2009, 06:08 AM
That is a huge Cuttle fish .....Nice work on the bag
JT

Duckfish
01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Pete,
Sharks weren't a problem yesterday not like last week. Couple of pods of whales heading north scared the b..... s..t out of us by breeching close to us.

Duck

geeb
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Great report - and a fine catch - well done - were you fishing with bait or Soft Plastics? I am starting to get very convinced that soft plastics work - but not totally....still need to take bait with me......thanks..........Geeb

Duckfish
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Great report - and a fine catch - well done - were you fishing with bait or Soft Plastics? I am starting to get very convinced that soft plastics work - but not totally....still need to take bait with me......thanks..........Geeb
Hi Geeb,
We were using both. The first drop , we nailed the snapper with the nuclear chooks and then later with bait. Soft Plastics aren't the be all and end all though using bait is much cheaper. Top day though, little wind and the fish biting. Can't do better than that. These are the days you dream about.

Duck

geeb
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the response - I appreciate your comments and if any one should know what is good to use to catch Snapper it has to be a Duck.......keep on living the dream........Geeb

bondy99
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Very well done Duckfish.

I would be happy to catch a cuttlefish for calamari. Nice fish too.

Peter