PDA

View Full Version : Any Townsville reports???

scorpionNQ
30-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone went out over the long weekend?
Cheers;)

Robbo_Townsville
30-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Went out on Friday for not much success. A couple of trout, spangled and red throat emperors. Left early evening so didn't really have a go for red's and large mouths. A mate in another boat stayed on longer for some large mouth nannygai but he had 2 x 12oz sinkers and couldn't hold bottom.

Highlight of the day for me and my 16yr old son was a yellow fin tuna caught trolling nera the reef weighing in at 24lb. First one ever in my boat and a first for my son.

Cheers

Robbo

scorpionNQ
01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Cheers Robbo;) Was it anywhere particular or secret spot X

Nic
01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Dave (Alchemy) went out on Sat-Sun, had a shocker of a time with the men in grey suits and so spent Monday fishing the fresh. He'll probably post a full report soon.

Robbo_Townsville
01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Out around Grub

Dunkxx
02-07-2009, 06:39 AM
I went fishin down to the rock pool on the long weekend. Just like everyone else in townsville. I got zip but a Dugong came up to me and said hello.

thephotoguru
02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Took my first reef trip out of Townville last Friday and had a great day with fish and the weather.

Red Throat Emperor were almost annoying even though 90% were legal + and the Coral Trout were playing the game too.

Came back with loads of fish to fillet and an even greater desire to get building my boat.

No photos, (note to self get a waterproof digital camera).

Can't wait to get back out there

Cheers Eamon