PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend

Noelm
29-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Had "one of those" weekends, needed to take the boat off the trailer for some trailer repairs, I have not had the boat out for a while for a variety of reasons, so I thought first thing would be a quick "walk around" found a flat tyre, hhmm, out with the spare, deal with the rusty/seized wheel nuts, changed wheel, up into the boat to raise the motors for trailer removal, hhmm one motor is dead, better check the battery connections! open the battery compartment, WHAT BATTERY? some scum bag has pinched one battery, OH well, raise one motor, swap batteries and raise the other. Now ready for trailer removal, back up the car, and go to hook in garage to get the key for the trailer lock, WHAT KEY? it was gone, so after an hour of searching and getting ready with the grinder, I thought I just wonder if it has fallen off and somehow "jumped" under the bait freezer, drag out the full freezer and there is is! finally after hours of crap, the boat is off and the trailer is ready for next weekends assault. Fixing it up for sale, finaly getting around to selling the old girl after talking about it for so long.

Noelm
29-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I forgot to add, one steering cable was also jammed, sh!t cable steering, not too sure if I should replace it, or just fit hydraulic, seems a shame to fit hydraulic when I am selling it, after putting up with the twin cable rack and pinion system for so long

PWCDad
29-06-2009, 09:19 AM
It comes in 3's... sounds like you got your 3 in one day!! (wink)

One consolation! The bad luck day is finished with...

Regards
Anthony

PWCDad
29-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Thats a toughy .... do you think it would help selling it if it had hydraulic steering?

Even the basic Hydrive is a grand or so!!!

Anthony

Noelm
29-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I would reckon hydraulic would definately help sell it, anyone who has ever tried to steer a Cat with cable steering will know why, but I have just put up with it for so long, I never even think about it, for anyone not familiar with it, at any speed except WOT, it is almost impossible to turn, you just sort of haul on the wheel and move direction a bit, slow and flat out it is a dream, but at cruise, forget it! now it remains to be seen if a grand spent now, will net a grand more later! that's anyones guess.