PDA

View Full Version : Pinbar Area Friday

outwide1
28-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Went out off the pinbar on friday in search of some fish and under the believe it would be a good day weather wize.It blew up mid morning the settled,blew up again then finally panned out in the afternoon.Headed wide straight away for some pearlies which we achieved,but we were drifting in a west/east direction so the time spent in the bite zone was quick.Then headed to a mark i get 20+kg jew everytime but only had 3 live baits,mate fishing with me put the first one on only to have it flick off before dropping in,so i give him the next one we drop down and he gets smoked,so he looks at me and says,I guess you want the last one?Feeling sorry for him i gave him the bait and he scored his first big jewie.I hooked onto a 40to50 kg cod that we released after 30mins of swimming as it went1.4mtrs and was over size.Overall we had a good day with the final count being 10 pearlies,6snappers,1jew,2trag,2flathead and a pigfish.
OUTWIDE1.PS,pinbar is very shallow as we hit bottem coming through.:D

samson
28-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Good going mate looks like you got yourself a bar cod there matey they don't have a max legal size and top chewing though he's a good specimen.

outwide1
28-06-2009, 11:22 AM
We were a bit sceptical on the exact species of cod,ive caught heaps of barcod before but didnt want to run the risk of bringing it home just incase.

samson
28-06-2009, 12:16 PM
yeah fair enough though it's clearly no estuary cod which are governed by the max size so by your shots on the side with white fringes to the fins it's a bar cod though by the other shot you see a bit of mottling and a bar which could pass for a black cod which have no max size either but if caught further south are protected without seeing a proper shot of the tail fin i'd say 99% sure it's a bar cod and at that depth with the air bladder problems accociated it's got me stuffed why fisheries likes protecting big cods when all are male fish and don't breed anyway.

Kid
28-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I'ts always a good feeling letting those big cod go anyway, nice jewie your mate caught there. Sounds like you had a great day on the water.

Kid

tfish
28-06-2009, 02:53 PM
thanks for the report mate. looks like some great fish. were the snapper good quality fish?? cheers trav.

Smithy
28-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Noice Mick. Bit more of a story than the two pics on Facebook. I'll have to teach you the snappers on soft plastic thing. Am smashing them atm.

outwide1
28-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Noice Mick. Bit more of a story than the two pics on Facebook. I'll have to teach you the snappers on soft plastic thing. Am smashing them atm.
That would be good rob,ive bought all the gear just cant put the bait away and get my head around it.Must admit though that all the good snapper ive seen caught have come from plastics.

finding_time
28-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Yep good stuff Mick!

Ian

goggles
28-06-2009, 08:42 PM
3 quality fish there Outwide. Wayno

RAGINGBULL
29-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the bar

Reefmaster
29-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Good to see you back into the action Mick. Some nice fish there. When you hitting DI for some red variety?

Greg

outwide1
29-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Good to see you back into the action Mick. Some nice fish there. When you hitting DI for some red variety?

GregGday greg,sorry i havent reply on face book but things have been abit crazy since getting home.As for heading up to DI i cant wait to get amongst the reds,i think from now on im not going to waste alot of time doing trips around here and save my money and time to get up there.Im on a curfew for 3mths as part of my parole conditions so once thats over im off,ive got to home between 9 at night until 6 in the morning.Look forward to catching up soon and im also doing powercruise this year as my curfew ends the day before.;D

Reefmaster
29-06-2009, 05:22 PM
All good Mick I could imagine things would be full on at the moment. At least you don't have to long to wait. Bring on powercruise can't wait. Good to see your gonna be there and we need to catch up for a beer and a yarn soon....

Greg

jtpython
29-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Good going mick looks like a good feed.
JT