PDA

View Full Version : piss poor report

Wahoo
28-06-2009, 07:16 AM
we did sort of ok this trip, not one Red, we tried a few places in about 80m water, way too much run and had a bit of trouble getting down to the bottom but did get only one rosey job, so we moved in a bit close and anchored up for the night, once again i seem to get about 6hrs sleep, its becoming a habbit...lol...i got up about 5ish and made a cuppa then started fishing, put out a live bait and got hit straight away, first small spanish for the morning, so out went 3 rods with live baits and all done well, 7 spanish in about 1 1/2 hrs, pulled up anchor and went out wide, trolled the shelf looking for a Hoo or 2, we had a spread of 5 rods trolling, 3 large tremblers in close, and two deep divers out side, first trembler was hit after 10m trolling, another spanish, so no more spanish for us, deep diver was hit and did not want to stop, played him for 10min or so, got him close and was a Hoo, took off again for another few mins, get him close enough for a gaff shot and spat the lure, one lucky Hoo, i would of called it 18-20kg, so out go the spread, double hook up, get them in and another 2 Spanish, these ones were lucky as they had to be reliesed, sounder showed very large spanish/Hoo deep down hitting large bait balls,did some bottom fishing in 60m water, drifting a few good looking spots i marked while we were trolling, few nice trout, packed up and headed for home, Jamie, sorry for no pics out there, Sommme one (me ) forgot the picture taker, only few shots from home,

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/fish2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/fish1.jpg

Fish_gutz
28-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Nice selection of yummy fillets there. well done, I`d be happy about that!

Andrew

rosco1974
28-06-2009, 08:18 AM
sort of a ok trip...would hate to see a great trip...top effort mate great feed
cheers rosco

geeb
28-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Great report - there are some tasty fillets there - thanks.............Geeb

indian man
28-06-2009, 09:02 AM
geezzzzzzzzzzzzz id call that a bloody blinder good report

nickstock
28-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Not to worry Daz,

At least the Trout are an ok size. Pitty about the Reds though:-/

I might be going for a run tonight up here. I just run into a bloke at the tackleshop who got the boat limit on big reds which were all around 80cms!!!!!:o

Hope all is well mate,

Nick

Wahoo
28-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Not to worry Daz,

At least the Trout are an ok size. Pitty about the Reds though:-/

I might be going for a run tonight up here. I just run into a bloke at the tackleshop who got the boat limit on big reds which were all around 80cms!!!!!:o

Hope all is well mate,

Nick

G'day Nick, trout are ok, we had our minds set on reds, they are there, and heard over the radio that PPL were getting them, just was'nt on our side, or maybe i need to stay awake a little longer.....lol.....hope you get a few tonight

Daz

DOGFIGHT
28-06-2009, 06:49 PM
did you get to slice them all up daz?

gidday nick, thanks for the well wishes mate, daz said we will be up your way soon, be good to see ya again

shane

ronnien
28-06-2009, 08:51 PM
top trip daz,
the macks are really starting to fire! weather wise, what was it like??

ron.

nickstock
28-06-2009, 09:01 PM
did you get to slice them all up daz?

gidday nick, thanks for the well wishes mate, daz said we will be up your way soon, be good to see ya again

shane

Hey Shane,

mate I am ready for a fish when ever you lads are!! Any fishing on the honeymoon??

Cheers,

Nick

Tim_N
28-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Holy smokes Daz, is that a piss poor trip?
Tim

Wahoo
29-06-2009, 11:26 AM
dont get me wrond guys, maybe i should of worded the thread bit better, but was not really trying to target that many trout and spanish, more for the reds, so them are a bonus, its better than coming home with nothing, i really had it in my head that i was going to do ok with the reds

cheers

Daz

Wahoo
29-06-2009, 11:31 AM
top trip daz,
the macks are really starting to fire! weather wise, what was it like??

ron.

cheers Ron, weather was good, even had the boat at WOT for a while heading home, last two trips seem the small spanish up high and the big fellas real deep, i need to some how get the gear down a bit more, how did you guys go? any fishing? when you heading up this way for a fish with us?

Daz

Pazz01
29-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeh daz heard the reds were pretty slow, except for Chop Duster, he did quite well with them. My brother went saturday night and struggled with them.

Nice few trout there and mackeral. I couldn't turn a mack yesterday, although we didn't troll, just had a few floaters out the back while bottom bashing. Weather was a bit ordinary tho.

Pazz

ronnien
29-06-2009, 11:59 AM
daz,
bransfords tackle shop at clifton beach has these new heavy wog heads for trolling gar down deep, wish i lived up there cause i would have a few by now! seen them in the f&b, go grab yourself some.

ron.

chop duster
29-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Ronnien,
tried one of those last week, got a couple of mackies on it, but didn't really dive any deeper than any others we have run, well not at our trolling speed anyway. Actually ended up running it on the paravane. Nice size head to run a five spot gar tho!

jtpython
29-06-2009, 06:17 PM
MAssive effort thou for ya .......... Ya sleep well by the sounds of it lol.
Nice spano's
Quality fish
JT

skipalong
29-06-2009, 07:27 PM
nice blues daz beaut quick little sesh of those guys

justin

kokomo
29-06-2009, 07:29 PM
very nice!!!

nickstock
30-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey Daz,

What did you think of the Jobfish in regards to eating?

I rate them as a top table fish, bloody good tucker;D

Nick

Wahoo
30-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey Nick, Yes i agree with you, Very very nice, rosey over the green thou

Daz