PDA

View Full Version : Quinteex on the northside

tin can marlin
28-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Has anyone got a idea of were Quintrex are going to end up on the northside i was of the understanding Cunninghams had them. But went there today and they said they didn't need the drama and they think that Northside or Bribe boats are going to end up with it. The reason i ask is a mate of mine has got one he got of crew marine before they moved on and it has got a crack and he does not want to take it back. And i don't want this to be a telewater bash up just if anyone knows so he can talk to them would be great. Thank you .
Cheers Mark

ShaneC
28-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Dunno if Northside will take them on either. Someone told me that Quintrex have stipulated that any dealer that sells them is not allowed to carry any other brand of alloy boat at their yard. He is more in the know than me so I'll believe him for now...

Shane

Scott nthQld
28-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Dunno who has Quintrex down their, but the comment that they won't let their dealers stock any other brand of alloy boat is plain crap. In fact, Quintrex took the dealership off one of our local dealers (who only sold quintrex and Haines hunter) and instead gave it to another, who also sells allycraft, Xtreme alloy, and another as well I think. If Quintrex made this part of the deal Townsville Marine would have told them to go jump and to find another dealer

jighead
28-06-2009, 06:32 PM
G"day
Tin Can Marlin Quinnies are sold up here on the sunny coast by
Sunshine coast Marine centre 8 Baldwin St Caloundra PH 54911944
Great bunch and always happy to help

Cheers Mal :)

Mindi
29-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Plus it would be against the Trade Practices Act...a no brainer prosecution I would guess. (if someone complained)

Scott nthQld
29-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Also, quintrex took the dealership off the original boatyard because of lack of sales. The rep blamed the fact that the dealer would NOT sell them with anything other than etec, thought i'd put that in to spice things up

boatie_72
29-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Quintrex, do try and make the dealer only sell their brand, i know that for a fact. Even if Townsville marine still have their other brands, its only a matter of time before that will change. Coz bluefin were kicked out of there in place of Quintrex.

As for Brisbane north side that’s a tough one. There isn’t much left that will go their way. They are known to dictate to their dealers, so that turns a lot off.

Time will tell

Scott nthQld
29-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Townsville Marine never sold Bluefin, that was their Burdekin branch (conveiniently called Burdekin Marine), when someone in Townsville wanted a bluefin they would complete the transaction through the burdekin store and have the boat transported to Townsville. Quintrex won't win over Townsville Marine as they have no where else to go, they took away the dealership from one, and the other 2 sell stacer and seajay, the main competition, so its Townsville Marine or no one

ShaneC
29-06-2009, 02:41 PM
As I said, I was only going off what someone else told me... hearsay I know, but he is not a bullshitter so somewhere along the line there must be an element of truth to it. If its not the case I stand corrected.

As a side for your mate, I bought a Quintrex from Hinterland some years ago and had a hassle in Brissie, I dealt with them and the factory over the phone and the factory arranged the freight etc to and from Brissie to get it fixed. They had the boat back to me in three weeks which aint great considering it wasnt a huge issue really, but it was fixed.

Dunno if this helps but may be worth a shot ...

tin can marlin
29-06-2009, 03:56 PM
My freind has rung Telewater and they are going to get somone local of there chose to do the welding job which i think if ok but at the same time i would hope they have got somone that does good work. They also said that there is a pending major announcment on the northside in which they could not talk about. But overall he is happy with there service as thwy are trying to sort out his issue asap so thumbs up at this stage.

tin can marlin
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Just want to say that all has been looked after repair has been done so thumbs up for telewater on this one. Also sunshine coast marine were very helpful with advice on how to handle this matter so well done to them as well. At the end of the day my freind is more than happy and now he can get out on the water and start chasing some flatys again.
Cheers Mark

jighead
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Great news Tin Can I knew the guys at sunny coast marine would look after you
good bunch of blokes and always given great advise and service ;D

Cheers Mal

tin can marlin
03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Great news Tin Can I knew the guys at sunny coast marine would look after you
good bunch of blokes and always given great advise and service ;D

Cheers Mal
You were on the monay top blokes it was a real shame about crew marine going down. I hope the dealer that ends up with Quintrex on the northside looks after there customers like sunny coast does.