PDA

View Full Version : Snapping with Smithy

geeb
26-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Went out with Smithy from Mooloolaba for a mid week Charter with my brother;D The weather was perfect and Rob got us onto some nice kingies first up - we bagged out in about 15 minutes and I caught my first nice fish on a soft plastic

From there Rob suggested we get some Cobia so after about an hours drive and he declares this is spot x - down with the lines and Cobia on - caught some nice fish on the drift and also picked up some good size Mack Tuna which gave our muscles and gear a work out:-/ I was trying a new to me knot being a simple Simon and it held perfectly great knot

Brother got monstered by a giant fish at this spot before bringing in a great Cobia

From there to a secret snapper spot which we drifted on as the sunset started to snuggle into the sea. Again tried the soft plastics and I missed one monster snapper - as we did not see it I expect it was possibly an Australian record well in excess of a metre long. As I was saying missed the unseen snapper over 1.5 metres long but did get a Mack Tuna on a dead livie - put up a great fight.:P

My brother who is a master fisherman picked up some nice sweetlip as well

All in all a great day - Smithy worked very hard and we got good results......some pics below showing part of the catch.............Geeb

tailorboi99
26-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for a great read and amusing pictures. Congratulations on the first decent plastic fish.

Cheers Tom

f.t.r.
26-06-2009, 04:30 PM
nice catch for a good day geeb

are you part of the witness protection program?

matty

p.s. if you are sorry for blowing your cover.

geeb
26-06-2009, 04:42 PM
nice catch for a good day geeb

are you part of the witness protection program?

matty

p.s. if you are sorry for blowing your cover.

No problem Matty I dont think Tuppence is looking for me anymore - and last night I had a really terrible headache - felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders......Geeb

Fishbait
26-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice session for the day getting onto the fish with Smithy. Good on ya for a top day out. Darren

Goldfinch
26-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Geez Geeb.....lovin the party hat. Nice fish as well. Sounds like Smithy is hot right now !!!

skipalong
26-06-2009, 05:57 PM
good fishing around how many cobes in total?

justin

geeb
26-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Geez Geeb.....lovin the party hat. Nice fish as well. Sounds like Smithy is hot right now !!!

You are right Smithy is hot - but I do believe he has a girlfriend and he is a big mother - seriously though he did a great job - worked hard and found us some good fish - also taught us a few things which is always great - and party hat? - mate what party hat? Us swedes just like to wear ze vikings helmutz....oooz ze hedz still hurtz.............Geebz

geeb
26-06-2009, 06:32 PM
good fishing around how many cobes in total?

justin

Three Cobes and about 4 Mack Tuna at that spot - which was enough - I think Cobia is a bit stinky as a fish - my brother was not of the same opinion so he took two home but he gave me the snapper gotta love my brother!!!!!