PDA

View Full Version : good fun,good fishing

Always_offshore
26-06-2009, 11:50 AM
made the decision to head out thursday,made some calls to put a crew together,checked the weather(supposed to be 6 knt nw)all decided to leave at around 8.oo am and fish the dusk then head home.heading out across the bay was glass,got over the banksand where met with a 15 knt nw.fished some shallow ground till the wind dropped,picked up some liveys and a couple of moses came on board as well.the plan was to run wide when the wind dropped.after an hour or so ventured out to wider gruonds,dropped.baits just got to the bottom and got busted off on something big,went and found another rod/reel (tld 50 )that would handle the monsters lurking around.yeh got slammed and pulled a ambo (about 20 kg) that was the only one we could get.moved wider and the pearlies started coming onboard plus some tuskies.the fishing was slowand decided to fish a southern spot i hadnt fished for some time.about 4.30 arrived at spot x and trag were on the chew,had double hook-ups on trag,then every man for themselves as the trag hit the decks,getting dark so drove away from them as we had enough.crappy trip home but got inside the bay once again glass.;D

Scalem
26-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Impressive catch AA, The string of bad weather on weekends makes it all the more enjoyable when you ACTUALLY CAN get out I suppose. I don't know yet, still waiting for the chance to blood the new boat out wide.. and my friends assure me it will happen. Yeah right!!! Your post helps me tremendously!!:-/:)

Scalem

Always_offshore
26-06-2009, 05:12 PM
keep thinking positive,scalem it,ll come god in the end.
got a week off next week and think i,ll be fishing every day,weather even looks good from tuesday on.

indy
26-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Good going nice catch i thought fish didn't bite in north westers, there you go you just never no

cheers pete...

skipalong
26-06-2009, 05:40 PM
some nice fish again mate

justin

Always_offshore
26-06-2009, 05:52 PM
thanks skipalong,those aj,s are great got 4 a couple of weeks ago,range from 20 kgs to my pb of 38kgs.damn computer hardrive crashed and lost photos of the big one.

jarhead
26-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Very nice looking mixed bag.

Cheers Wal

CreelReaper
26-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Well done mate, looks like a good mixed bag. What depth range of water did you find the trag in???

Always_offshore
26-06-2009, 11:23 PM
creel reaper,trag came off the 80 mt ledge,but have caught them recently at shallow tempest,i,m currently monitoring the 80 mt to see how long they hang in there.

ps thanks jarhead;D