PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Boats - An Update

Buddy Mania
25-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Interested readers may recall a post I made on a now-closed thread about my experience of dealing with Fisher Boats.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=149082&page=17

For the purposes of clarity and simplicity, I'll refer to Fisher Boats Pty Ltd (the company that underwent administration at the start of 09 and subsequently liquidation) as Fisher Mk1 and to Fisher Boats Australia Pty Ltd (the new entity trading since) as Fisher Mk2.

In summary, I was a customer of Fisher Mk1. When the company went under I was left with a part-built boat, complete with significant workmanship problems, worth nowhere near what I'd paid.

With my hull in-situ at Fisher Mk2, and after much delay and dissatisfaction with outcomes or lack thereof, I made the decision to remove the hull to another place and to explore my options.

Following a third-party assessment of the hull, and advice on the extend of remedial work that it would require, I made the decision to post the extent of my dissatisfaction with both Fisher Mk1 and Fisher Mk2.

People may judge that my course of action was wrong; I don't care what people think. If I got a dodgy curry and a case of food poisoning at the local takeaway, I'd tell everyone I knew. This is no different. I stand by everything I said ... well, almost.

Since that post I've received PMs about it and I've taken phone calls from people too. Ausfish members and followers of this issue may be interested in one of those phone calls in particular.

To my surprise, I was contacted again by Mick Sanderson of Fisher Mk2 who had read my post, said he didn't want to leave the situation unresolved, and offered to help me salvage something from the unfortunate point the dream boat had sunk to.

I'm currently negotiating the fine details with Mick about the nature and terms of that help, but as I'd taken the time to post negative remarks, I feel it's only right to take the time to give credit where it's due. I thank Mick for contacting me, and for offering his assistance. Most importantly though, I thank him for acknowledging that things weren't right and that he had an opportunity to help address that.

I look forward to a better outcome and i commit to keeping Ausfish members abreast of developments. Thank you to the members who have been supportive. I'm anticipating a happy ending.

Regards

Buddy

Buddy Mania
25-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Two other things:

1. It'd be good if this thread wasn't hijacked. It's not about the parties in dispute, and it'd be appreciated if it stayed that way.

2. In the latest chapter in the saga that is my "dream boat", I've been fortunate to receive the support and advice of Scott at Blue Water Alloy Boats. Scott has played no part in the events at Fisher Boats and took no sides with anyone involved. His professional and generous help was greatly appreciated by me and I'd recommend that anyone in the market for a custom plate boat would do well to include Scott in their list of people to talk to. Thanks Scott and Ralph.

darkside
25-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I have nothing to say , but at least i want to be on this thread before it's closed. Hope it works out for you ..;)

Steeler
25-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I have nothing to say , but at least i want to be on this thread before it's closed. Hope it works out for you ..;)

FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P:P

Apollo
26-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Hope it all works out for you Buddy!

DR
26-06-2009, 08:37 AM
good to hear, hope all works out fine..

With my cynical nature, my only questions would be...
why didn't this happen in the first place??
why was it that a thread of bad publicity was needed to make them get their bums into gear & fix it??

Mindi
26-06-2009, 09:04 AM
good to hear, hope all works out fine..

With my cynical nature, my only questions would be...
why didn't this happen in the first place??
why was it that a thread of bad publicity was needed to make them get their bums into gear & fix it??

Well I am not sure I should comment because we really dont know what legal obligations Mick inherited from the events ......but I suspect that Mk2 quite probably has no legal obligation at all in this matter and if that is right then his help to Buddy does him credit....and I hope it works out for Buddy.
Being cynical is understandable but if it isnt Mk2's legal obligation under whatever terms they restarted the business then it might be misplaced in this case..? who knows accurately outside the actors in the drama.

GBC
26-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Good luck - personally I'd be keeping it out of the public forum though - at least until she is done.

dazbax73
26-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Good luck mate hope it works out. I have been out in my new fisher mk2 3 trips now and I am VERY happy.

Daz

Angla
26-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing the dream results.

Cheers
Chris

aussie_true_blue
26-06-2009, 08:03 PM
If it's the same Mick I met up there ( he was a subcontractor to Fisher boats) you can be sure he will do his best to help any way he can. He really knows his work.

nickstock
27-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi mate,

I hope all works out for you (and I am sure it will). Mick was more than helpful to me when I enquired about getting a boat built. The only thing that stopped me from going ahead was the thread and negative comments on here.

Silly, possibly.......but I have a bad case of things not working out for me, when told to steer away from something.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nick

Buddy Mania
27-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your support. Much appreciated.

Nick, yes I agree, what's said in these forums is powerful indeed. During my time researching and deciding on a boat builder, ultimately it was the endorsement of Ausfish posters that prompted me to engage Fisher Boats Mk1. I think I've been clear enough about how that turned out.

As for Fisher Boats Mk2, I'm anticipating a reversal of fortunes for me. One Ausfish member took possession of his new Fisher on Friday. I was keen to hear his feedback before I committed to Fisher again, and his boat looks mighty impressive in the photos I've been sent. Similarly, it's good to read DaxBax's praise for his new Fisher. Good outcomes like these boats, in addition to Mick Sanderson's willingness to resolve my situation, makes me feel a lot more comfortable about where I'm going with all of this.

When you two blokes find a moment or two when you're not in your new toys, how about a few photos?

Buddy

lippa
27-06-2009, 10:13 PM
good luck buddy, good to see you blokes getting what you ordered!

bluefin59
01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi mate,

I hope all works out for you (and I am sure it will). Mick was more than helpful to me when I enquired about getting a boat built. The only thing that stopped me from going ahead was the thread and negative comments on here.

Silly, possibly.......but I have a bad case of things not working out for me, when told to steer away from something.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nick

What about this one nick ,'I bet you wish you went with your gut instincts now . Just more fisher too rubbish I guess , matt