PDA

View Full Version : Pearler of a day

goggles
25-06-2009, 09:12 PM
The plans were made Tuesday to head out through the south passage bar today as it looked like it was going to be a good day. So a 5.15am time was decided upon with fellow ausfishers Jarhead(Wal) as my skipper, F.T.R skippering his mustang with a fellow work mate as his deckie. Out through the bar and down to collect a few livies to compliment the squid and pillies. Got a few in the live well and down for another drop when on the retrieve, the rod i m hanging onto buckles over . Dont know what it was but he a got a free yakka. Out to chase some snapper and Jarhead puts a livey on and scores more bait for the day, a good size bonito.
Few drifts later, a couple of snapper in the esky and Jarhead makes the call to head out a bit wider. Drifting across the marks, another snapper comes aboard and then the northerly change comes in and blows us off our drift line straight onto the pearl highway. I have never caught a pearly before today, but it was a day worth waiting for. With double hookups of pearly's for jarhead and myself and with throw backs mixed in as well, a slight change of drift and a new spot x gets plotted in. All up bag outs for both boats on squire snappers, jarhead and myself on pearlys and Matty (F.T.R.) and bruce got a good feed of pearlys as well. Thank u boys for a great day. Wayno

nickstock
25-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Top fish with nice seas to boot!

Good to see the old Abu out in the background!

Nick

skipalong
25-06-2009, 09:40 PM
nice fish guys top quality

justin

outwide1
25-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Well done goggles,the best marks are the ones you discover out of know where.Ill let you,s know how it will be tommorow out there.

tfish
25-06-2009, 09:55 PM
some great fish in that lot...well done to you and your mates. cheers trav.

Suzuki RipTide
26-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Nice pearly's mate

Fish_gutz
26-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Well done boys , tried to give you`s a call from home on the radio to see how you were doin, wal will be happy with a freezer full of pearly fillets! ( fussy bugger) ! glad you all had a good day

Andrew

goggles
26-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks muzz, good day got smashed by a huge snapper last drop of day back in closer, the old abu and 40 pound line just wasnt up to the score. Wayno

Fish_gutz
26-06-2009, 10:52 AM
you sure it was the abu? a good fisherman wouldn`t blame his gear! just jokes at least you put together a better feed than we did on wednesday... bad luck on dropping that one. see you back at work.

Andrew

-spiro-
26-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Mate that was a SWEET PEARLIE

jarhead
26-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Cheers on a top day Wayno, makes for an easier trip when the deckie brings in the bigger ones. We'll see if next time we can go round two with the knoby that did a number on ya.

Wal

goggles
27-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Wal for a great day out, that knobby obviously didnt want to be last fish of the day. Muzz I know I shouldn't blame my gear, but to blame myself would be just silly. lol see u next week at the saltmine. Wayno

Benno1
27-06-2009, 01:30 PM
quality mixed bag :D

f.t.r.
27-06-2009, 05:42 PM
here is an esky shot of our catch wayno

it would have looked a lot better with that pearlie of yours in it though. very nice fish. i bet it tasted better because you caught it.

matty

jarhead
27-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Top shot of the Haines Matty, see you at work tonight mate.

Wal