PDA

View Full Version : Going back to the NT

Jeremy87
23-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Well as a continuation of the winter barra tactics thread i've just finalised the arrangements for another trip up to the NT. I'll be spending 3 days chasing billabong fish and another 2 mucking around in the creeks and checking out Litchfield. Compound bow and photography gear will be in tow.

BR65
24-06-2009, 05:10 PM
lucky bastaad, I'll be working.

Enjoy

Jeremy87
24-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Will do it should be a good trip. But I need to stay focussed, I still have an exam tomorrow. I keep looking up photo's of Litchfield and flicking through barra threads. And I have this strange urge to sought out all my lures

darylive
25-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Jerry,

I have been there done that.

Expenses paid by Canon, fuji, camera house, etc. etc.

Helicopters, charters, Hidden valley V8s etc.

What do you want to know?

It is a unique place and a blessing to be their guest. :)

Jeremy87
25-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Exams are all over. Tomorrow I can start soughting out and retrofitting some smaller lures.

Darylive. What do i want to know?

Nothing really just wanted to share my excitement. I'm excited!
That is unless you can get me a sponsership with canon lol, main reason i don't buy top of the top shelf fishing tackle is i can't afford that and fuel my other hobbies.

darylive
26-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Jerry,

I have to say the gear did and still does belong to Canon. The big pro gear is made available for special events i.e. the V8's etc. to Pros in return for the photographs to promote Canon. Katherine (Nit Milik) was in flood so we had a helicopter charter to get some photographs of water falls that rarley run.

It was a great trip, you will have a terrific time. I fished the Caroborie (?) lagoon system from a large two storey party pontoon and a charter mate in his boat. Magnificent day, watchin crocs, jabaroo, Buffalo, Eagles etc etc. Drop into Reidy lures factory if you are down that way, it is interesting to see the lures assembled, painted, tested etc.

Good for you, play safe. Remember don't reach into the water for snags etc. Let the crocs have 'em!

I know what you are saying, 'My Net income doesn't keep up with my Gross Habits'

Tailortaker
26-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm going to NT in september for a week,,,cant wait !!

Jeremy87
26-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I know what you are saying, 'My Net income doesn't keep up with my Gross Habits'

Thats a good saying, I'll have to remember that one

So thats how it works then, i wondered how freelance guys could afford 1200mm jobs. I'm rolling a 50D with the 100-400mm L series at them moment which is expensive enough. Yeh the wildlife up there is amazing, i'm kicking myself that i didn't take my gear up last year, but then again you only have so many hands, and i fell over so much going through the thick sh!t while fishing i would have surely smashed something. I really want to get some shots of wedge tails and black kites so this should be a good oppertunity. Just hope i have enough memory lol, 10 gig should be enough. I'll just have to weed out the sh!t as i go (i've got into the habitat of using the rapid shooting to the extreme, with the 50d doing 6.3 fps i've got a hundred shots of the same before before i know it)

Yes the crocs are bad up there. We left about 300bucks worth of lures hanging in trees or stuck in fishes mouths last time. Its such a pain cause the water looks so good for a swim, but you are constantly reminded that they are there.

TT, when are you heading up? I'm flying out tuesday and catching a red eye back on monday morning.

Jeremy87
27-06-2009, 05:42 PM
ok heres a good question. What is the treble of choice for 70-80mm hardbodies when fishing for the likes of 70cm barra. I'm figgering this is going to be a good oppertunity to test a few hook types out. I've been fitting out a variety of lures with trebles including owners st36's, 41's, 56's and 66's decoy y-s21's and 3 and 6 strong vmc's depending on balance etc.