PDA

View Full Version : Electric Motor for TABS 4.6 Territory

Splendid
18-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Guys, I'm currently looking around for a good electric motor for my 4.6M TABS Territory (I'm getting jealous of the other boats). I dont know whether to go the Motorguide or the Min Kota. Can anybody provide some advice/experience with these electrics? I was probably looking at the 55lb thrust (12 Volt system). What sort of coin would you expect for a complete setup? $1500???

tin can marlin
18-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Give wayne and the boys at stones corner marine a ring they are the biggest dealer of min kotas in queensland they really know they stuff when it comes to elec motors and they are always the cheapest. Also Logan river they seem to be the new tabs dealer they might know how to fit it to a tabs. Good luck and i hope this helps you out.

TheSaint
19-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I would be looking to get a 24v system if i was you as it normally only cost alittle bit more but is worth it in the long run. You first need to work out if you want cablesteer motor(eg. MK Maxuum/ MG Freshwater-Tour) or servosteer motor (eg. MK Autopilot/ MG Wireless) I have found that Motorguides are normally cheaper & make better product IMO.. The MK are still good but i just find that the motorguides are better to use & give you longer time on the water due to the digital guardian system which uses the batteries better..