PDA

View Full Version : Rooneys - Quick Report 12&13-06-09

Spot82
16-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Weather was looking perfect for a trip out of hervey bay over the weekend so organised to go up with my brother and take out a mate from up there. Plan was to head over the breaksea spit however the weather didn't come to the party :(

Fished a couple of different marks at Rooneys and Wathumba with a lot of bust ups by unstoppables through the night until i boated two nice estaury cod the biggest being a new PB for me. Ended up with a mixed bag of cod, scarlets, coral bream, frying pan snapper and released some big trevally and a barracuda.

Landed the Golden Trevally (estimated about 12kg) on the octo jig on the standard 1/0 hooks one was completely straightened, not sure how the other survived :o Thought it might have been a big snapper as it kept wanting to head back to the bottom but no such luck.

Was disappointed to not get out over the bar but i guess there is always next time.

Pic attached

Anthony

whykickacatalong
18-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks. Heading that way myself tomorrow for a couple of days so good to know there about.

adam69
18-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Is that sutto in the photo?

bondy99
19-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Very nice. Would love to go out and catch a feed of these myself but have no boat.

Cheers, Peter

Spot82
22-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Is that sutto in the photo?

Yeh that is sutto in the pic, go fishing with him quite a bit :)