PDA

View Full Version : Offshore charter on Sunday

CreelReaper
16-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Well the yearly family get together for an outside charter trip finally came to fruition......14 months in the making with dates and trips cancelled due to Brissie's fickle weather over the last year or so. It was almost too good to be true.

We were there!!! On the boat glowing with anticipation of the day ahead. Calm winds blue skies light to non existent swell and buggerall current. A lot of ribbing and joking to catch up on with who will get the biggest, the best and the ugliest between our clan of 3 generations and a couple of good quality mates.......

Blessed once again by Incredible Charters, Keith and crew laid on a great day for us. Maybe no world beaters in size or quantity but hey, what better way to spend a day. Top effort once again goes to Keith and the boys for such top notch service. Thanks heaps guys…..

Well it was straight to the bait grounds for some liveys but after only picking up a solitary whiting, the idea was quickly abandoned and we headed straight out to the first spot. We fished around 60 - 70m for a majority of the day. Didn't hit one spot that didn't light up the screen on the sounder with good shows of fish.

Unfortunately though they just didn't want to play ball and it was a good hour or so before yours truly started the ball rolling with a just legal squire. From then on the fish started coming in in ones and 2's and slowly we picked up a decent feed for us all.

The greatest spectacle for the day was the whales and dolphins that were frolicking in the distance. We are truly blessed with having natures’ playground so close to us.

There were some magic moments of a couple of unstoppables being hooked by my son and brother. Good solid fish that meant business hooked on liveys or caught fish on the retrieve. It was just a shame not to see colour on these brutes as there have been a number of good AJ’s caught in the previous few days.

Never mind, that is fishing. One of the guys however ended up having a tussle with a good sized whaler shark of about 8ft and was ribbed non stop over his slow progress. Got it boat side for a few piccies and let go to be caught another day.

We ended the day with a quick fish in the shallows of Hutchies as the sun was going down. A reflection of the day as it unfolded. Great time spent with family and friends, a few beers, some great laughs, some tall stories and a feed of fish. Does it really get too much better??

sum

skipalong
16-06-2009, 07:00 AM
great bag of pearlies mate top fishing ou there

justin

ronnien
16-06-2009, 11:00 AM
good report mate,
plenty of fillet to go around!

ron.

TimiBoy
16-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Onya Mate. Pearler of a day!

Cheers,

Tim

Benno1
16-06-2009, 08:45 PM
love the first shot!!!...great looking mixed bag to boot!!!...im glad you and your mob had a great day...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

sleepygreg
17-06-2009, 12:11 AM
every time I see Keith drop his charter clients off at scarbie harbour, they always have a decent bag of fish to clean/split up. Thats a great mixed bag of tasty fish.

Cheers
Greg

reel scream
17-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Sounds like a great day with the family mate. Weather spot on and some nice looking moses in there.

Cheers
Scott

bdaearth
17-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice going I like to see some good catches coming from around that area!!

CreelReaper
17-06-2009, 11:14 PM
And don't they taste absolutely fabulous when fresh Scott? Greg, I have to agree with you mate, Keith really goes out of his way to make you happy. Its been a while that I have been able to get outside so to have a pearler of a day made it so much sweeter.

Bear001
18-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Well its about bloody time...::) ;)

Nah only jokin...I know you have been waiting a long time to finally get some decent weather to get out. Looks great! Very jealous!

Talk to you when I get back from Cairns next weekend, just packing my bag for flight tomorrow morning....whoo hoo...hope I have as much fun on my charter as you did!