PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Rainbow

PinHead
14-06-2009, 09:26 PM
We ventured forth again on what is now a well worn path..up to Rainbow beach.
This trip there was myself and wife, Aigutso (Mike) and wife, Mr & Mrs Ausfish (Steve and Eileen), Searaider 2 (Pete), gunna ( Pete) and theoldlegend John plus Keith (not as AF member).

We hit the usual haunt of the Sports Club on Saturday night for dinner and a few drinks. A top night..I highly recommend the seafood platter they serve.

Sunday morning and the normal accusations as to who snored the loudest. We did have 2 people leave the bedroom and sleep in the lounge due to someone's snoring but we won't mention TOL's name in respect to that.

Down to Carlo Point and boarded Baitrunner. No wind to speak of and hardly even noticed going out through the mad mile and the bar. A few whales were spotted and great to see them.

We started fishing..a bit slow at first and then a relatively constant stream of fish came aboard. Hardly any run to speak of and we drifted all day. No wind all day either led to almost perfect conditions.

Mike caught a PB snapper of about 78cm.

The catch consisted of snapper, pearl perch, moses perch, hussar, sweetlip, parrot, cod and tuna.

The tuna were a lot of fun..only 2 fishign for them..as soon as the bait hit the water the fish was on. They certainly stretched the arms a little.

A superb day and thanks to the other members that attended..great company.

PinHead
14-06-2009, 09:29 PM
a few pics of the fishing action

PinHead
14-06-2009, 09:31 PM
.....................the catch

Benno1
14-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Good company...good weather good fishing...it doesnt get any better than that!!!
Cheers for the piccies and report Pinhead :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

bdaearth
14-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I am heading out on baitrunner in a couple of weeks I hope we get the same conditions!! looks like a good day was had by all

gunna
14-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Just got home from the Kawana cleaning table. Ready for a hot chocolate and a back rub now ;D ;D .

wags on the water
14-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Looks a lot different to the last trip out Greg. Thanks for your report. I hope the conditions hold for another couple of days.

Wags

Tangles
14-06-2009, 10:28 PM
great day on Baitrunner, top day out there with good fish and top company,
some tuna mayhem, ...that Baitrunner burley certainly curries them up,, a lot of laughs and stretched arms... thanks Greg for organizing the Charter.

it was great to blood a new rod and reel with a tuna. Tried pink plastics offshore with no result so flicked them and ended getting the snapper on a floater

TOL is quite proud he still has it... in being able to clear a room? all other known snorers where put in their own cell for the Sat night otherwise the lounge would have been crowded.

Also I have someones filleting knive so give me a pm

Wahoo
15-06-2009, 07:17 AM
good report Greg, sounds like a great trip was had

Daz

murf
15-06-2009, 08:06 AM
sounds like life's good :) doesn't get much better than that

thanks for the report

cheers Murf

Chris Ryan
15-06-2009, 09:11 AM
A top report guys and looking at the smiles, a great weekend to be had.

Cheers,
Chris

goggles
15-06-2009, 09:46 AM
great conditions and landed a nice feed to go with it. Well done, did the lady land the fish she was fighting in the pics. Wayno

PinHead
15-06-2009, 11:50 AM
great conditions and landed a nice feed to go with it. Well done, did the lady land the fish she was fighting in the pics. Wayno

she certainly did wayno

finga
15-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Good to see the weather gods played ball this time for you all.
A lot better then last time I reckon :)
Is it my imagination or does Eileen always seem to have a picture taken with a fish on??

So how many burley trails were left by the passengers this time?

Thanks for the pictures too Greg :)

robersl
15-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Funny that all the snoring on a fishing trip, i was with Gunna at monduren a few weeks back and could hear a lot of snoring but i thought it was the tent on the other side maybe it was pete after all ( joking pete) good lot of fish there well done ladies and gents

shane

gunna
15-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Funny that all the snoring on a fishing trip, i was with Gunna at monduren a few weeks back and could hear a lot of snoring but i thought it was the tent on the other side maybe it was pete after all ( joking pete) good lot of fish there well done ladies and gents

shane

These blokes are flash snorers Shane. I moved my bed to the lounge room. Ended up with stereo snorers with bedrooms either side lol.

PinHead
15-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Good to see the weather gods played ball this time for you all.
A lot better then last time I reckon :)
Is it my imagination or does Eileen always seem to have a picture taken with a fish on??

So how many burley trails were left by the passengers this time?

Thanks for the pictures too Greg :)

we really do not need to discuss Eileen's fishing thanks Scott..she does extremely well..to the extent of outfishing the blokes so we shall leave it at that thanks.

Ausfish
15-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Great trip, thanks to Craig and Lionel on Baitrunner. Great operators and a good sense of humour. Thanks for organising the trip Greg.

I think we will have to leave Eileen behind next time so the rest of you guys can have a chance at catching something :)

No burley trails this time, just Baitrunner secret burley.

Good fun for those that hadn't caught one before to get in to the tuna. We could have caught them all day, but one 8kg tuna each to take home is plenty.

rakinray
15-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi all looks like you guys did well and those conditions look awesome ;D Well done on the new PB Mike and it was good to see Steve with a rod in his hand this trip ! Need i say it but how did Greg go with that Snapper Bogey ? And of course Eilleen showed you how its done ! Well done ! I did you guys a favour by keeping the Shit weather down here while you were out ! What a friend !

CHEERS RAY.

Searaider 2
15-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I would like to thank Greg for the invite & all on the trip for a top day out , great company & showing me how to catch fish ;)
Those Tuna certainly know how to pull , but Eileen was showing them No Mercey ;D This is as well as the constant flow of reefies she was hauling in . :o

theoldlegend
17-06-2009, 06:15 AM
At last!! Back on line again! Had a few probs with our phone line. :'(

Yes, it certainly was a good trip from start to finish. Great company, (thanks for the lift up and back, Mike and Bec) great time on the boat. Weather was perfect. Boy, don't those tuna go hard?

Was pretty stuffed when we got home Sunday night, so wife filleted the tuna for me that night. Had some for tea Monday night. Very nice too. When I was leaving for the cop shop Monday morning, she asked me where the scaler was. Whipped it out in a flash. All done for me when I got home. How good is that?

TOL

Ausfish
17-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Need i say it but how did Greg go with that Snapper Bogey ?

I did you guys a favour by keeping the Shit weather down here while you were out ! What a friend !

CHEERS RAY.

That would be a big negative on the snapper front for Greg, one day... :'(

Thanks for keeping the bad weather down here, what a friend ::)