PDA

View Full Version : offshore south passage

snapperbasher
14-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Headed out saturday arv for an overnighter off south passage with green raider onboard as the usual decky fished the shallows off point lookout with plastics in the arvo but couldnt raise a scale so headed north to where we got the jewies last week started off a bit slow but just before the moon rise the first livie got smashed and a reasonable jewie was onboard after that fish we couldnt win a trick with livies getting smashed with missed hookups and pulled hooks one after another::) by about 11pm we had run out of livies without another fish in the box so i dropped a whole mullet fillet down and finally stayed connected to a fish and boated a reasonable snapper about 80cm :D we drifted this mark for a while more and got dusted by some good fish and had a play with a quite big shark for awhile which gave a good account for itself. another jew was boated and we headed back in close to point lookout for a much needed sleep. next morning we awoke to a stiff westerly so stayed in close to lookout again with plastics and managed to boat another snapper a spangle and a cod also been dusted by a few good fish in the coral. also green raider managed to hook a humpback that swam through his line and went ballistic right beside the boat. it would have been no more than 3-4mtrs from the boat when it breached and took off leaving a whirlpool and bubbles all around the boat:o .

Cheers,

wetnwild11
14-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi snapperbasher you can't stop those buggers on 24kg how much line did you lose? I have lost a couple off broken bay when cubing for yfin.
cheers wetnwild

Fishing_Freddy
14-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Great looking snpa and jew.
Well done
Ken:beer:

Angla
14-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Good fish. Were you expecting the whale at all? Did you need a change after that?

Cheers
Chris

rosco1974
14-06-2009, 08:17 PM
another great catch mate....did you outfish kugs this week
cheers rosco

gillogs
14-06-2009, 08:51 PM
nice fish,good chewin in those couple of beauties.

snapperbasher
15-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks Guys

Rosco kugs didnt put a fish in the boat this week he awoke the sleeping giant;D

jarhead
15-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Very nice snap and jewy mate.

Cheers Wal

green raider
15-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I didn't wake the sleeping giant i just thought i'd let you win back a bit of pride ;D

cobiaman
15-06-2009, 05:47 PM
nice fish again boys, well done

soulfish
15-06-2009, 07:12 PM
well done locky a couple of good trips back to back

cheers gibbo