PDA

View Full Version : Run Off Cap Coast

jtpython
14-06-2009, 05:53 PM
With the weather forecasted to be 5/10 we waited till saturday afternoon before heading out wide to chase some reds. Well waited till the wife got back from brisbane to go to the pink concert and after a quick hi hello goodbye the mate and i and the daughter left to play with the reds. Well 22 km into the 60 plus km trip turned sloppy so we went to a couple other places till settling in for a fish and a sleep some 31 km from the harbour.........This produced nothing but 1 hussar till 6 30 am after a sleepless night. Southerly was up but we grinned and bared it to head to some red ground. this met us with trigger fish after trigger fish:-/ So the call was made to head further out for another spot at some better rocky a ground. Ancoring up seen hussar after hussar coming over the side (better then Triggers) Then some lippers, and a 3kg trout beening scored by the mate........ I hadn't caught a fish bar one hussar as i got hammered on a whole mullet from a 4 kg trout going into the esky. The mate and daughter still leaving me for dead seen another mullet engulfed by a good 6kg red and then a couple more lippers and bluey's come over the side and thats was when we made the call at lunch tiime to head home to get some loven off my wife LOL
Hot tongue and cold shoulder is all ill be getting tonight
Thank god for Jim Beam
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009-1.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009007.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009005.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009011.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009014.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/14062009019.jpg

Benno1
14-06-2009, 06:07 PM
great trip out JT...were you using live mullet???...is that a wrasse in the last picture???...what if you made an offering of fresh fish too appease the angry godess???...maybe that would ease the pain :P
youve done a shitload better than us mate...the whole family has been sick for nearly a week...we missed out on some top shelf weather this weekend :(
thanks for the piccies and report

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Fish_gutz
14-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Nice goin and a good bag of fillets for the freezer.

Andrew

wags on the water
14-06-2009, 06:46 PM
This is the second time looking at these fish......Thanks JT.

nickstock
14-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Great report as usual JT! Good to see your mates daughter getting amonst the action mate!

Nick

jtpython
14-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Great report as usual JT! Good to see your mates daughter getting amonst the action mate!

Nick
Sorry thats my daughter she's nearly in a lot of my posts . She lives with her mother not far away( have a hers mine and ours family) loves the water and caught her fair share of fish today . Just bought her a Pflugher Reel and rod with a guide and she loves it spooled with 80lb braid she had a ball.
Benno1 with had dead mullet we captured not long back i posted in estuary posts got a heap but need to go again have a secret spot to get onto some just a muddy expierence.
Ahhhhhhh Wags love you man
LOL
JT

warti
14-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice red and trout JT. I have also used river mullet outside but have had mixed results. Usually get a decent trout though.

Schuey
14-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Good post there JT and great to see the kids getting involved aswell. Good living.

Schuey

jtpython
14-06-2009, 08:23 PM
great trip out JT...were you using live mullet???...is that a wrasse in the last picture???...what if you made an offering of fresh fish too appease the angry godess???...maybe that would ease the pain :P
youve done a shitload better than us mate...the whole family has been sick for nearly a week...we missed out on some top shelf weather this weekend :(
thanks for the piccies and report

Mrs Benno1
Sunny
Sorry sunny it's whats called a Surf Parrot good on the chew to

Will get some livies to try soon but when we go out usaully to cold to throw the net
JT

blueline
14-06-2009, 09:50 PM
nice feed jt, your right about the weather it was supost to drop up here but still had a fair swell

jtpython
15-06-2009, 09:13 PM
nice feed jt, your right about the weather it was supost to drop up here but still had a fair swell
Was a mongrel sloppy easterly most of the time was a buggar heading straight into it and wasn't keen on slogging it out for another 40 km
Which wasn't to bad in the morning with the southerly running across it from Lisa Jane
JT

Wahoo
16-06-2009, 03:30 AM
great report JT, good to see the young one having a good time as well, nice feed of fish,

Daz

ronnien
16-06-2009, 10:56 AM
jt,
nice solid trout's mate, would have knocked off some thick fillets with them 2.
good on ya's.

ron.

mangomick
17-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Looks like you got to see "pink" as well.:) good stuff once gain JT.

jtpython
17-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Looks like you got to see "pink" as well.:) good stuff once gain JT.

:P :P :P :P UMMMMMMMMMM No i didn't if i'm thinking what your thinking:-/ ;)

mangomick
18-06-2009, 07:34 AM
get your mind out of the gutter. :-X
I was talking about your "pink "coloured fish ;D ;D ;D
thats honest, Your Honour

jtpython
18-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Geez ya colour blind too in your old age
Red not pink . Sheesus LOL
JT

Gazza.Boyne
19-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Top post as usual JT, thanks for sharing. Good to see your daughter out there with you.

I took my 12year old daughter out to the shoals on sunday. We caught a good size trout & she was wrapped.
I'm hoping to take her out for an overnighter in a few weeks if the weather gods allow, i don't want to scare her off with rough weather.

Cheers Gazza

jtpython
19-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Make sure ya thrust a couple of Travelcalms into just in case ........ Mine has alot of times but steered her away from milk before trip out in her ceral...... toast or eggs was the go as a deterent
. Most maybe nerves being so far out to. The dvd player in the boat for slack times isn't bad either. But she had a good fishing rod and reel this time she handled it well
JT

ifishcq1
19-06-2009, 09:04 PM
JT no outside this weekend?
we are doing an overnighter at scout camp while the grunter and salmon are thick
if you are at a loose end Sat come up to Corio there is going to be a bourbon fest in the arvo

cheers
SL

jtpython
20-06-2009, 08:32 PM
JT no outside this weekend?
we are doing an overnighter at scout camp while the grunter and salmon are thick
if you are at a loose end Sat come up to Corio there is going to be a bourbon fest in the arvo

cheers
SL:-/ HMMMMMMMM Warm bed and going up to drink in the freezeing cold ;D No contest.
Still have the flu mate thanks for the offer:'(
Will do it as a catch up soon
JT;D