PDA

View Full Version : lenco tabs, pain in the........................

ozbee
14-06-2009, 08:45 AM
ive had lenco tabs for 18 mths now which worked well for most of the time . anyhow we tracked the fault down to the silastic letting go on the back of the switch holding the plug on the circuit board.

that being bad enough in design trying to get a replacement has been a disaster . guess what no spare switches in Australia seems a common fault.

next hurdle was the supplier in America has lost the contract to supply Australia and refuses to let be known who the new supplier is.

it has been 5 weeks wait while the boat dealership tries to locate a switch and they are pulling there head out. looks like i will have to purchase direct from America so all i can say is don't buy.

Wahoo
14-06-2009, 09:06 AM
ive had lenco tabs for 18 mths now which worked well for most of the time . anyhow we tracked the fault down to the silastic letting go on the back of the switch holding the plug on the circuit board.

that being bad enough in design trying to get a replacement has been a disaster . guess what no spare switches in Australia seems a common fault.

next hurdle was the supplier in America has lost the contract to supply Australia and refuses to let be known who the new supplier is.

it has been 5 weeks wait while the boat dealership tries to locate a switch and they are pulling there head out. looks like i will have to purchase direct from America so all i can say is don't buy.

i just had a chat to one of the guys at Bills Marine, he has a BLA rep coming in this morning, and might be a chance they can get one, there is two types, which one?

Daz

ozbee
14-06-2009, 09:14 AM
mines the one with the lights up either side and automatic retraction . ithink the same switch covers a range of tabs.

Grand_Marlin
15-06-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a standard one sitting on the shelf if you need it.

Cheers

Pete

lippa
15-06-2009, 09:37 PM
i priced the led lenco switch, From memory it was $500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had an atuator shit itself, bla replaced free of charge, no questions

captain rednut
15-06-2009, 10:01 PM
hi ozbee ive got spare switchs in stock if that helps???? just let me know,
thanks cr

chop duster
16-06-2009, 12:18 PM
holly crap Lippa, we were thinking of getting the LED indicator panel as well, not anymore! hahaha
Looks like your problem has been solved Ozbee.