PDA

View Full Version : Tough couple of days in close off Rainbow Beach

Smithy
12-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Did a couple of days out of Tin Can Bay this week. Didn't really fire. Blamed the first day on the NWer we had all day and coming off the back of the moon. Yesterday was SW going to SE but still didn't switch on. Didn't go wide as was on charter and was also sitting out the Westerlies in the morning. Was on ok shows but they didn't bite. Also got more lancers than I have ever got up there for some reason. Was like fishing off Caloundra on Caloundra specials at times along with a few rainbow whiptails yet you would then pull a squire or a parrot on the next drop. Worked hard and scratched up a feed both days. Saw Starlo at the ramp with a TV crew so I guess there will be a new fising DVD coming out soon.

Yesterday's fish.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/2009/June/Pics012s.jpg

JB
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Bad luck mate still a brute of an AJ u have there. Hopefully the weekend produces some fish.

Jas

DALEPRICE
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
i guess it can be just as frustrating up in those necks of the woods as well by the sounds of it?

at least you put the crew onto a few.
cheers dale

skipalong
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the report smithy, still not cold enough and poor winds like you say

cheers justin

Tim_N
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I went out today and left the Bribie Passage with 17.7'C water temp and arrived out on the Caloundra 8 and 12 Mile to 21'C water and a SW wind.
Talk about hard yakka.
We were on bait and some shows, but like you Smithy, the fish would not play the game.
So I'm with you, back end of the moon, water temp too high and annoying Westerlies suck.
Too hard trying to fish back up your anchor rope. Still better than going to work.
Tim

stinky-stabi
14-06-2009, 08:53 AM
well m8 atleast you wernt at home watchn the idiot box ..lolololol