PDA

View Full Version : Muster Committee meeting

NAGG
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi All

On behalf of the Muster committee ..... To those not at Mondy ....... BAD LUCK !

Signed

Daryl , Nath , Brian , John , Whitto , Deano 47603 & me

robersl
12-06-2009, 06:46 AM
well the fire could of been a bit bigger, but i know i was glad i was home in bed this morning 2 degree's at caboolture ice on the windscreen it was minus 1 at gympie so only god and you guys know how cold it was at mondy, get some more HTFUP into and good luck for the weekend

shane

Pete62
12-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Bastards..................;D

TonyM
12-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Looks like it was a good "warm up" for the Somerset session, temp sure has dropped this week!

Of course I much prefer to be at home working :wut: :(

Good luck on the water guys

Cheers
Tony

Steve B
12-06-2009, 09:46 AM
The worst bunch of heads I have ever seen assembled in one photo!!!!;D ;D

robersl
12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
The worst bunch of heads I have ever seen assembled in one photo!!!!;D ;D
Hi Steve we knew you were not there with them as there was no full moon showing;D ;D ;D

shane

Steve B
12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Steve we knew you were not there with them as there was no full moon showing;D ;D ;D

shane

Shane,

It wouldnt have looked out of place with those scones.....only a mother could love them.;D :D ;D just kiddin boys. I will be a part of the fishing tommorrow and looking forward to it. Weather is cool, but stable and wind free. Light winds now which is swweeeeet.

cheers Steve

robersl
12-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeh go on rub it in mate I am doing the dash accross the bay to Mud Is in the morning to target the tailor they hit just as hard

shane

Awoonga
12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Just spoke to John ... Nagg is on the board with some good fish

NAGG
12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeh go on rub it in mate I am doing the dash accross the bay to Mud Is in the morning to target the tailor they hit just as hard

shane

Since when ... & in what lifetime

Hope you catch a horse

The Committee

Steve B
14-06-2009, 10:13 AM
The boys all did it tough yesterday..I dont think a fish was caught;

I fished in Big Rens Ranger boat.....oh my god its a weapon!!! The boat has everything that opens and shuts, more lights and electronics that a 70's disco. THe company was awesome with Ren and Gazza....we had a ball....as we usually do.

Fished hard and stealth all day....I had one hookup on a horse of a fish which did me over after about 10sec...we never saw it....but the weight on the rod was something I have never felt in my barra days. that was at about midday....after that we had 2 hits in 10 min.....then nothing.

All the boys had a great night around the fire.....the communal goulash in the campoven was one of a kind that I doubt could ever be replicated. I think there was 8 different varieties of meat from every camp....other than that I dont want to know what was in it ( I saw a couple of 'fully loaded man' cans disposed of) but it tasted awesome at 10 pm in the freezing night air. All in all a teriffic day.

I will tell you, Nagg has a fish that....well......just wait till you see the photo.;)

cheers Steve

PS....BIG thanks Big Ren and Gazz again.....what a top day with no fish!!!

Pete62
14-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Cheers Steve, looking forward to the reports.

Pete,

BR65
14-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Big week end, big beer bill, big lot of timber burned, very big fish by Chris. Ahhh, hows the serenity?
We dusted a few fish in the timber, they are just as cranky in 19 degree water temps as they are in 28 degrees, but alas, none made it to the net for the rest of us as at 8.00am this morning.
Good to see the boys drop in for a bevy last nite, nice meeting you Gazz, and was my first chance to look at the Ranger close up, sweet chariot allrite!
As usual, its the little things that make the trip, so in no particular order......
Camp oven roasts are awesome, the goulash was extremly tasty last nite, Thursday nite/Friday morning was wickedly cold, you can never have to much cheese when your camping, Daryls port this trip was the finest yet, you can NOT drive away in the boat if its still attached to your trailer, rescueing sea eagles in distress is never going to be a long term employment option for me, and never smile when your doing 80kph in a skeeter down Bass Straight , youll be picking bugs out of your teeth for a week.
Cracker week end boys!!

robersl
14-06-2009, 03:09 PM
glad you had some fun brian sounded like a good weekend

shane

rc@hinze
14-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the reports Steve and Brian - we have all been waiting for them to come in. Sounds like good times,memorable times and tough times. Would love to meet up with the crew up there one day. Cant wait to see the photos of Naggs fish. - cheers RC

Tropicaltrout
14-06-2009, 07:50 PM
My two bobs worth .... It was one of my favourite trips I have done in a long while scored a minus with one catty, had one fish swirl and another healthy wack but no connection.. but Deano hooked a big girl up the two mile friday and after a bit of weaving around a few trees a half hitched fish come out on top.... So for us fishing was awesome although nothing entered the boat! Winter in the new summer for me I really loved the crisp mornings and relaxed type fishing after a long summer full of 12 to 14 hour days....

The committee well as always what a fantastic bunch of fellas totally enjoyed the camping the cooking and the laughs cheers guys, Nagg had a dream arvo and you will soon see although I hope they nail a few more... Deano once again mate cheers for the fishing, Trev thanks for the yellow glasses, Daryl (darren) for the comedy, John for the knott tying lesson (cause man I need it)....

Now to look forward to Daryls, Trevs,Paul and Naggs and Johns results.... Then the sessions....

Cheers Nath

darylive
14-06-2009, 11:00 PM
A great weekend was had by all :D.

Yes it would have been a challange getting the boat in while still tied to the trailer. Thanks for pointing that out Chris :-[. I did pull back up the bank and undo the rope. Unfortunately I had already unhooked the winch so the boat then wanted to get off the trailer on dry land :(.

Nath's fault really for playing rubber duck on the two way while I was launching ::).

Any way I got home at 8pm. Chris's and Trev's gear was all that was left at camp at 4pm.

I stayed out late and the spotty cacked it last night so I had to sneak home from B in the bloody dark at about 6knots till I collected a stump then 4knots. A bloody long trip. In fact Brian and Nath were heading to the ramp to come lookin as I was heading back to camp. Thanks Boys :-*. Next morning I found the spare bulb for the spot light in the box :P.

The Communal Camp Oven Concoction was a gem, Still Farting ;D

I thought I saw Big Red pass through as I was packing up camp, so I presume Chris jumped ship and got on with Trev somewhere :-/.

At about Yandina coming home (7.30pm) I thought I saw the Sweet Chariot on the side of the road, still attached to the truck? It was in the 110k zone and I couldn't turn around until Nambour. All looked OK but just sitting there I hope it is all good . The rig looked fine, I hope the boys weren't on the white cans before the trip home :-/!

It was bloody cold. Well nothing further to report :( that's right no Fish :'(.

As for Somerset Bring an Extra Blanket! ;)

DEANO68
15-06-2009, 07:17 AM
yep, awsome weekend, as usual plenty of laughs, beers ,food and snoring, no fish in the boat, apart from a cattie, and a big macrame lesson..thanks for towin the poly nath and thanks for the laughs on the water .. great to see everyone again , and will catch you all at sommersalt..;)
deano..8-)

Whitto
15-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I toyed with putting a report up about the trip......for some it was not a fishless weekend......Nagg was the main affender with a couple of horses taken (you will have to wait for Naggs report and piccies)....Deano made contact with a monster which eventually stitched him up (well done mate).....What a weekend Great Mates.....Great Tucker (Go the Camp Ovens)......and many many Beverages......Raging Camp fires for cooking purposes and to sustain life as it was more than brisk every night.....To discribe whats happening at Mondy at the moment is akin to Dentistry it truely is like pulling teeth........But that doesn't matter to me it was just simply a Great Weekend....again Nath Deano Brian John Nagg SteveB Trev Gaz Paul thanks for contributing to that......The upshot with all of this is you can put your house on this.....We will do it all again......Cheers Whitto

nipsta
15-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Well looks like yous had a great weekend as i did. I was out at sommerset dam with my daughter and my mother inlaw and father inlaw thank god they came as my spine was not reall flash all weekend as i found out last night trying to get out of the car lets just say help was needed but anyway things have settled down this morning . On the fishing front not much to tell heaps of good showings on the sounder (which was good seen ii never used the 737 before) but i think the cold snap shut down the bass down abit but . Well with only 2 hours of fishing done not a real lot of time to chase fish main reason my back. It was more of a look and see weekend with a few gps mark taken of drop offs and old creek beds ready to try when a hell of alot fitter and when we go in july now on the red claw front succes happened some good redclaw where cuaght and i will post a picture of one of the ones we got with kaitlyn holding it i will let the picture do the talking and there is one of the esky as well also our camp fire cooking was fantastic and the chicken didnt cluck for long after going there a damper was also done and was just what was needed as a afternoon snack anyway lookforwar to the sommerset trip with all of you and a few drinks for sure
cheers
Simon ;D ;D

Whitto
15-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Good report Simon.......Not the best time of year for Bass at Somersault......The Redclaw are not to shabby at all (a noice feed).....Sounds like you enjoyed yourself thats all that matters.....Cheers Whitto

nipsta
15-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Good report Simon.......Not the best time of year for Bass at Somersault......The Redclaw are not to shabby at all (a noice feed).....Sounds like you enjoyed yourself thats all that matters.....Cheers Whitto

yes your right about that cold weather seems to affect them a fair bit but we had a cold snap last week anbd i think a few dead bass and boney bream where seen too by a bloke i was talking too yeah plenty of time for fishing just enjoyed catching the redclaw and spending time with family it was lovely and the camp fire just tops it all of plus a few stones gingers to warm the cockles helps;D ;D ;D look forward to catching up whitto been a while since we had a few good yarns and that goes for all the musters

Whitto
15-06-2009, 10:56 AM
It's not exactly a Barra but it's the best I could muster (no pun intended)...This bloke shared my morning Raisen Toast....No wonder these thing can dispatch a snake get a look at the Beak.....anyhow it's all good....Whitto

Pete62
15-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Well looks like yous had a great weekend as i did. I was out at sommerset dam with my daughter and my mother inlaw and father inlaw thank god they came as my spine was not reall flash all weekend as i found out last night trying to get out of the car lets just say help was needed but anyway things have settled down this morning . On the fishing front not much to tell heaps of good showings on the sounder (which was good seen ii never used the 737 before) but i think the cold snap shut down the bass down abit but . Well with only 2 hours of fishing done not a real lot of time to chase fish main reason my back. It was more of a look and see weekend with a few gps mark taken of drop offs and old creek beds ready to try when a hell of alot fitter and when we go in july now on the red claw front succes happened some good redclaw where cuaght and i will post a picture of one of the ones we got with kaitlyn holding it i will let the picture do the talking and there is one of the esky as well also our camp fire cooking was fantastic and the chicken didnt cluck for long after going there a damper was also done and was just what was needed as a afternoon snack anyway lookforwar to the sommerset trip with all of you and a few drinks for sure
cheers
Simon ;D ;D

Hey Simon, looks like the Family had a good weekend. How did u cook the Redclaw??

Pete.

nipsta
15-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey Simon, looks like the Family had a good weekend. How did u cook the Redclaw??

Pete.
we took the heads off and pull the vien out from them and then just like mud crabs and sand crabs salt and water then once cooked do as you please with them

DEANO68
15-06-2009, 05:14 PM
a few pics....fridy lunch nath and i sat down in a little bay in a deserted jacks, next thing most of the commitie shows up, small dam hey...:P ..

DEANO68
15-06-2009, 05:21 PM
and darren..aka daryl..

Whitto
15-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Just a piccie of the Kitchen

nipsta
15-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Just a piccie of the Kitchen
where did the 44 half cut off come from

Whitto
15-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Belongs to Rob (Manager)

BR65
15-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Good pics boys, though they must have been early in the trip, theres not enough cans under the fire drum!

Talk about a small dam, that was funny at smoko on Friday, we all turned up in the same area, but only Chris could find a rock to run the tinny on to on that bank.

darylive
15-06-2009, 08:17 PM
we took the heads off and pull the vien out from them and then just like mud crabs and sand crabs salt and water then once cooked do as you please with them

a lot of mucking around there:P, really I don't think the fish mind, I generally use lures anyway but was seriously thinking about changing to bait.
Not if you have to head 'em vein 'em and cook 'em :-/

a few pics....Friday lunch nath and i sat down in a little bay in a deserted jacks, next thing most of the committee shows up, small dam hey...:P ..

Yeh we feel really bad about that Deano, I hope we didn't spoil your nice romantic picnic.
I gather we did because you and Nath scarpered back to camp early to get some some quality time by yourselves ;)

Has anyone heard from Gazz? What's the go with the Sweet Chariot :-/?

Chris when did you get back?

nipsta
15-06-2009, 08:36 PM
a lot of mucking around there:P, really I don't think the fish mind, I generally use lures anyway but was seriously thinking about changing to bait.
Not if you have to head 'em vein 'em and cook 'em

depends how long it takes ya farryl me only a littel task as you dont get fusy rip there heads off and away ay go pliers and vien comes out and salt water boils and cookes then in round 2 stubbies and a southern maybe

darylive
15-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Not if you have to head 'em vein 'em and cook 'em

depends how long it takes ya farryl me only a littel task as you dont get fusy rip there heads off and away ay go pliers and vien comes out and salt water boils and cookes then in round 2 stubbies and a southern maybe

Nip bugger that, just put 'em on the hook head and all, it's not like you are gonna eat them :P

nipsta
15-06-2009, 08:42 PM
blood oath i am yummy garlic redclaw yummy but i will say nath if ya want one for ya tank i have 2 big girls sitting in a bucket iu keep alive your more then welcome to them for ya tank

Awoonga
16-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Has anyone heard from Gazz? What's the go with the Sweet Chariot :-/?

Chris when did you get back?[/quote]
Yes they caught a couple of fish........ 60 cm jobs

Awoonga
16-06-2009, 06:59 AM
What a great bunch of guys...The Naggster out fished us all ...even at Isis he smacked us ... l had my chances at both dams l had good fish on but ...gooonnneee... Brian thanks for sharing the bugs mate

NAGG
16-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Awesome weekend dudes ...... Shame we didn't nail some more fish , specially when we had some reasonably stable weather .
From all accounts some good fish were encountered by Deano , Steve , Trev ..... & Brian (next time Brian , you might considering upgrading your reel ;) ...... Hey , I hope it was nothing major with the 205:( )

Chris

BR65
16-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Havent had the courage to break it down yet mate, good thing it was only my "cheap" JDM CVZ 205 that fell apart in the middle of some hand to hand with a good fish in the sticks.
Chris, send us a Pm about the bass mate, Im interested in how you blokes went.
Trev, thanks for the run brother, and the specs, it would have been noice to pull a fish out of that little back creek, but thats fishing for ya. Next time its my shout, but you'l have to adjust to life in the slow lane in the hornet mate lol.

Big_Ren
16-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I thought I saw Big Red pass through as I was packing up camp, so I presume Chris jumped ship and got on with Trev somewhere :-/.

At about Yandina coming home (7.30pm) I thought I saw the Sweet Chariot on the side of the road, still attached to the truck? It was in the 110k zone and I couldn't turn around until Nambour. All looked OK but just sitting there I hope it is all good . The rig looked fine, I hope the boys weren't on the white cans before the trip home :-/!;)

Nah it was all good Daryl....my last comfort stop was at Sexie Coffee, so just needed one more before getting through the front door.....Yandina was as good a spot as any....and also wanted to check the hubs were running cool...all okay.

We ended up doing a transfer with Chris into Trev's Skeet up in B. We needed to get back on the highway, so it made perfect sense to do the drop off when we saw Trev and John.

Great catching up with all the boys...and putting some faces to names.....Deano, Nath, John, Chris, and Daryl. ..it was damn tempting to stay on around the fire on Saturday but we had to get back to Gin Gin to check in.

As usual it was awesome fishin' again with Stevo and awesome again on Sunday with Chris..........top company makes a trip easy. I'll add a few pics to Chris' report in the reports section. We each scored a 66, so needless to say, that bay is now renamed Clickety Click;D

Cheers fellas.

Paul

Whitto
16-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Nah it was all good Daryl....my last comfort stop was at Sexie Coffee, so just needed one more before getting through the front door.....Yandina was as good a spot as any....and also wanted to check the hubs were running cool...all okay.

We ended up doing a transfer with Chris into Trev's Skeet up in B. We needed to get back on the highway, so it made perfect sense to do the drop off when we saw Trev and John.

Great catching up with all the boys...and putting some faces to names.....Deano, Nath, John, Chris, and Daryl. ..it was damn tempting to stay on around the fire on Saturday but we had to get back to Gin Gin to check in.

As usual it was awesome fishin' again with Stevo and awesome again on Sunday with Chris..........top company makes a trip easy. I'll add a few pics to Chris' report in the reports section. We each scored a 66, so needless to say, that bay is now renamed Clickety Click;D

Cheers fellas.

Paul All the sixes Paul...Good stuff Great to catchup and to meet Gaz.....we all had a ball no doubt....will catchup down the track for a beverage or six.....Cheers Whitto

gaz066
16-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Gents, had to be in Sydney sparrows on Monday for work haven't been online till today but thanks all for the concern. As Ren said we were all good , got home just fine with few nature stops thrown in , I was a good boy from about lunchtime Sunday on so I'm not guilty ...guess who ?

Good to meet a few of you ( even though some of you look a bit shady to me ) and thanks for your hospitality and a warm fire on Sat night. No doubt will bump into one or all again.

Gazz ( AKA ......Parksy )

DEANO68
16-06-2009, 05:52 PM
good on yas gazz n paul, shady ? us ? of course, its why we all get along so well..:P ..thanks for droppin in for a few, was top to meet up at last, pity you had to tow along that bloke from gingin.;) ...but good to see you towed him home also , he could have kept us up all nite.:P ..see you both round the traps sooner or later..;D ..you two stevie..;)
deano..8-)

NAGG
16-06-2009, 07:45 PM
a few pics....fridy lunch nath and i sat down in a little bay in a deserted jacks, next thing most of the commitie shows up, small dam hey...:P ..

That was funny ........ I said to John , "the boys are heading up 2 mile .... I'll give em a wide birth & check out Jacks" .... Next thing you know - 4 boats bankside:laola:

You could have warned me about the Rock ....... CRASH :-[ :end: ..... It had to be the only one there & I found it

DEANO68
16-06-2009, 07:56 PM
That was funny ........ I said to John , "the boys are heading up 2 mile .... I'll give em a wide birth & check out Jacks" .... Next thing you know - 4 boats bankside:laola:

You could have warned me about the Rock ....... CRASH :-[ :end: ..... It had to be the only one there & I found it

i did see that rock chris, but i thought you missed it..unluky..we went to two mile and got connected early bout 11.00am, then headed in there, after a look in a very cold north B.(didnt even have a cast)
was a good lunch break, then to the bay where , well you know what happened then.:P

Obi _ Wan
16-06-2009, 08:57 PM
What a top weekend :tekst-toppie:

Thanks to Captain Nagg for inviting me to tag along again :dankk2:

Don't know what it is though, i can't get the sound of a noisy chainsaw out of my head :sleeping: :zzz:

And what a fish to be a part of the action with :o 121cm's, couldn't get it in the net the first time, second time the angle was better and in she went, but i could not lift her into the boat, had to ask the Capt. to help, a great fish :beer:

I will have to lift my game though, seems all i can do these days is take photographs :'(

Thanks for the day on Sunday Trev, always a great pleasure to fish with you mate 8-)

Great to catch up with Nath, Deano, Brian, Whitto, Daryl (aka) Darren and to meet Paul and Gazza on Saturday night along with local Steve, what a night :drunk:

Thanks all it was a bloody fantastic few days.

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
16-06-2009, 10:06 PM
What a top weekend :tekst-toppie:

Thanks to Captain Nagg for inviting me to tag along again :dankk2:

Don't know what it is though, i can't get the sound of a noisy chainsaw out of my head :sleeping: :zzz:

And what a fish to be a part of the action with :o 121cm's, couldn't get it in the net the first time, second time the angle was better and in she went, but i could not lift her into the boat, had to ask the Capt. to help, a great fish :beer:

I will have to lift my game though, seems all i can do these days is take photographs :'(

Thanks for the day on Sunday Trev, always a great pleasure to fish with you mate 8-)

Great to catch up with Nath, Deano, Brian, Whitto, Daryl (aka) Darren and to meet Paul and Gazza on Saturday night along with local Steve, what a night :drunk:

Thanks all it was a bloody fantastic few days.

Cheers,
John.

& What great photos you take too .... better than the other bloke that plays on the back court:D .

I bet you were glad to get home to your own bed after being exposed to a few nights of forest clearing ;D ..... no wonder you were dozing off on the way home!

Always great to fish with you John ........ next time , your turn for a good fish - I reckon you've served your apprenticeship

Chris

Awoonga
17-06-2009, 06:50 AM
What great photos you take too .... better than the other bloke that plays on the back court:D .....Yes not real good in the photo taking Dept..

NAGG
17-06-2009, 08:00 AM
What great photos you take too .... better than the other bloke that plays on the back court:D .....Yes not real good in the photo taking Dept..

I was talking about the volleyed one "Dagg"::)