PDA

View Full Version : My hookup weekend

warti
10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Headed out cape cap way on the friday arvo to a spot jt had kindly given me.(thanks jt). Weather was great but the fish werent playing the game. One good trout on a yakka before sun down was all we could manage. Also lost a few unstoppables on some bait balls in the vacinity much to the disgust of the crew.The tide ran flat out after that and didnt get another fish until it slowed where a good L.M. nanny came on board along with a shitload of hussar. Marked some more country for next time and headed home. Saturday arvo out past tullarook and the fish came on straight away, until the sun went down and it was all over. Tried sleeping in lumpy conditions all night to no avail and even the fish thought it was crap with only a couple coming over the side for bait purposes. Sun up and another trout and pickers were full on. One of the crew managed to land a horse chinaman estimated between 15 and 20kgs. WE all thought a big red was coming. Stopped at the twelve mile on a show but no takers and headed home. It was a long weekend and the crew which consists of my family, have all decided next year we are going to go on a charter trip out of mackay instead next year as the hookup just doesnt feel the same anymore with so many people. Any way here are some of saturdays fish.

Fish_gutz
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks like a good trip none the less, some nice lippers and trout there!

Andrew

jtpython
11-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Mate thats a nice score. Should have weighed in the lipper nice fish. Same feelings about the Hook up spent o much money last year so will see how next years contends. But don't forget our comp up hereaugust if your interested
JT

mangomick
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
G'Day Warti
Funny how the fish shut down completely just as that northerly started. You still done ok though.You didnt get that China man out at Lamont on Saturday did you. We saw a big fella flapping about on the top of the water float past us when we were anchored out near Lamont on Saturday arvo. We were going to go and try and deflate him but by the time we dealt with a few bites that came on he was out of sight. he must have sorted himself out.
Sunday morning we headed out to the eastern edge of Lamont just before the bottom of the tide but apart from a few flag and hussar the fish didnt show.
Teckon the economy must be picking up . We counted 22 coal ships anchored out around the fairway bouy on the way in. A few months ago there would only have been a handfull.

jarhead
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Some quality trout there, very nice.

Wal

skipalong
11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
quality fish mate looks like a good weekend up there

justin

twotins
11-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Stud lipper Warti and a great feed to boot what a way to spend a weekend with the family.Cheers.

warti
12-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Chinaman was caught sunday morning, must have been a few big ones getting around. Iwas pumped with the lipper but the best was already 6.5kgs so i had no chance. I would like to target them though as they are a great fight at that size. Hi JT, what is this comp you speak of??

jtpython
12-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Chinaman was caught sunday morning, must have been a few big ones getting around. Iwas pumped with the lipper but the best was already 6.5kgs so i had no chance. I would like to target them though as they are a great fight at that size. Hi JT, what is this comp you speak of??

http://tightlines.net.au/
Try that mate started last year and was great . Lipper 6.5 mate there told me 2.6 he must have been at the beer tent for to long.
We got a horse lipper on friday good chewing and like ya said great on the fight
JT
Hae ya tried that rig yet

warti
12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Looks alright, have to work on the missus on that one. Mate weighed in a grassy and looked at the 6.5 and it was a spangley. We were both wondering as the comp said Sweetlip- grassy and redthroat. He told the bloke at the weigh tent that it was a spangley not a grassy and he didnt believe him. Asked another bloke over and he agreed it was a spangley. Meanwhile said mate had his grassy to weigh and was told it was a spangley not a grassy, so i dont know where they got them guys from. Another reason not to enter next year.

gawby
14-06-2009, 02:29 PM
There was about 4,500 entries this year at the hookup.
Thanks for the marks you gave us JT via Brejen. Plenty of
fish showing all the time but was hard to get them to bite,
Best in our boat was a 9kg spanish mackeral plus a pile of pinkies
parrot hussar and what i cannot remember.
Biggest s/mac for the weekend was 28 kgs. Horse fish.
I think those who got onto good catches were lucky because
a lot i spoke to didn't do to well over the the weekend.
Met Owen at the boat ramp but didn't get time to have a chat. Maybe next time.
We had a good time though.
JT if you come down this way let us know and we will fill you with plenty of marks. (ONLY THE BAD ONES THOUGH);D ;D ;D
Graeme

Benno1
14-06-2009, 02:35 PM
great looking mixed bag there Warti!!!...doesnt it nearly break your heart when you see the chinaman's stripes :(...you guys scored a good feed none the less...nice one...
cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jtpython
14-06-2009, 05:12 PM
All good hope youse all got a feed off them marks
Mick helped me when i was down that way and always return the favour when i can
JT

warti
14-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Went diving today in awesome conditions. Took my new wettie and i didnt allow enough for extra buoyancy so i struugled all day to get to depth. I dissapointadely shot only one fish, a small spanish. The boys faired well with some good bluebone, cod and trout. I got a sinus headache and sat in the boat. Still not super clean viz yet, hopefully not long.