PDA

View Full Version : not keen for a fish

Wahoo
09-06-2009, 09:37 AM
not a good report, had a huge weekend (mates wedding) and was very tired sunday, the weather was good and a mate (Jimbo) wanted to go for a fish, so he turned up Sunday 1ish and got the boat ready for me, by the time i woke myself up it was getting late, not a lot of pics as i was still seedie and i think i slept about 6hrs on the boat, we got a few reds, trout, red throat,cod and a few others, the weather was glassed out and got back in 1ish Monday

Daz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/sunset.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/fishesky.jpg

Benno1
09-06-2009, 09:43 AM
not too shabby Wahoo i recon...good on you for toughing it out...weather looked a bit rough :P...what sort of bait did you guys use???...how deep were you fishing???...did you drift or drop the pick???...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jake0
09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
haha Daza, rumor was you slept bit more than that.:P how was Dogfight's wedding? you fellas did'nt get to bed till 5am Sunday morning8-) well you did good with only one guy fishing;D;D good report never the less mate

megafish71
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Good onya Daz, only wish that Mercury would get their finger out and fix this DTS problem. I was not happy all weekend, great weather and boat not going.

Cheers Ron

levinge
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
See Daz you should've come down to Cardwell. You still would've been seedy but we had a ball... Already thinking about he next one....

maimai
09-06-2009, 04:49 PM
you guys are tough going i say, no way i could do that, at least you come home with a few good fish, thanks for the pics

skipalong
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
nice work daz

jtpython
09-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Nice esky colour colour
Harden up a bit mate ........... You can do it LOL
Least ya made the effort and tried

JT

DOGFIGHT
09-06-2009, 07:01 PM
hahaha Daz, you big sook, i was told a few others went out and did quite well, what happened?????????, see you when i get back

FNQCairns
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Got a few nice fish there Daz..If I wasnt so gay I would have went out too..

nickstock
09-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Trust Jimbo to keen for a fish! Looks like you guys still did well mate!

Congrats Dogfight for tying the knot mate. Enjoy your holiday mate and will have to see you lads up north here for a fish once you get back.

Cheers,

Nick

Wahoo
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
not too shabby Wahoo i recon...good on you for toughing it out...weather looked a bit rough :P...what sort of bait did you guys use???...how deep were you fishing???...did you drift or drop the pick???...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

hi Sunny, did a bit of drift, most of the time was hooked up, bait..... fresh slab, cuttle, gar, sards, fishing depth, anywhere from 35m to 70m

Daz

Wahoo
11-06-2009, 12:07 PM
jake0, who told you this..........................lol

Brett, i had to be there, next M&G sounds good, any ideas???

Daz

blueline
11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
hey daz were do you get your cuttle fish from? all i can get is squid and it doesnt last very long.
maybe for the next m&g we need a poll, on sunday night we talked about flying fish point,mission, even ayr. cardwell was good and family friendly and if the weather dosnt play the part at least we have the islands. if the tvill boys come to innsfail with all these close reefs they will never leave.

Wahoo
11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
G'day Jamie, the cuttle we get from Cairns Ocean Products on Draper St

Innisfail or Mission is good for me, Ayr sounds great but a fair hike for only a 3-4 day break, but yes im keen for another

Daz

blueline
11-06-2009, 07:46 PM
yer thats what i thought daz, from here ayr would be a 4 hour run with the boat and about 6 for you so a long way. it would be good to catch up over a few coldies agian some time too