PDA

View Full Version : Just one of many

bugman
09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Ymer and crew had planned a big 2 day DI trip chasing reds and asst species for a few weeks now. Pity the plan came to an end on the Nth Hards grounds when one of the motors threw a harmonic balancer:-X

We had to be satisfied catching pearlies, snaps and trag for the next 24 hours.

Just on the pearliers - bag limit was achieved just after lunch Friday after launching Friday morning. Until cease fishing lunch Saturday, well over 100 legal (some 3-4kg) pearlies were returned to the water.

I have no pics but some others may.

Brett

coljac
09-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Brett thats pretty amazing on the pearlies are they fairly deep?

Jason

Lucky_Phill
09-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Here is one pic. Looks like a snapper to me......

Nice work Brett and did you get your passport re-newed to be allowed back in Queensland :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/06062009.jpg

cheers Phill

davecc
09-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Pitty Ymer let go the balancer on the trip but sound like it didnt matter really great fish only a different colour, well done bug and crew
Cheers Dave

Spectre
09-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Eh Brett

Good to see u back in Gods country again .....
Well done on the big Knobby !!!

I hear u fellas had a Pearlie a Thon on Ymer ...awesome stuff.
Hope Craigie behaved himself ..

Cheers
Phil

craigie
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Just backing up what the Bugman had to say, Pearl Perch were like flees on a dog, no matter where we drove to get away from them they found us again 8-)
Must have been those Nuk Chooks they kept zerroing in on, they loved them ::) !!!::) Night time /Day Time didn't matter (although Brett was catching then 2 at a time on his Paternoster :-X )
It should also be pointed out that the big Snapper was "Caught" on a rod that had been left unattended for some time while others displayed great patience attending their gear either side of it and not getting a bite :o .

Cheers
Craigie.

bugman
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Craig,

That's a very unflaterring photo of me i must say. As for my fishing technique - I've spent year's perfecting it - hasn't let me down yet. You should always know the big fish hit when you go to get a beer or something to eat.

As for the chooks - you did ok but your species variety was a sore point at times;D

I've still never seen sooooo many pearlies on any trip I've ever done.

And for all those concerned - even though I'm living in Nth NSW - still barracked for Qld in the State of Origin;D

Brett

craigie
09-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Brett, You have such evil red eyes !! The Snappa Devil !!!!

Species variety................Yes the chooks were a P/Perch magnet, but they also caught...........Y/tail kingfish, cobia, Squire/Snappa,Spangled Emperor, Trag...........

-spiro-
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Well done Brett i didn't see a mention of Brooksy? you steel the boat...lol
Good to see ya back with the real men of Australia
Nice snapper. Where use fish that old area we used to hit?

skipalong
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM
some quality pearlies guys

murf
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
well done Brett, some nice fish for the table :)

so you go for the winning team then mate :P ;D

cheers Murf

jtpython
09-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Extreme quality fish there guys
Awesome stuff
JT

Brooksy
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Chris
i'm still around, didn't get to fish much someone had to keep the boat on the mark!
No we fished between 10 and 20mile north of the old marks.
will have to catch up soon.
Cheers Steve