PDA

View Full Version : double island point/tin can

baitable
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Ok firstly, have to upload some pics off the phone so they're on the way soon.

Left brisbane in the wee hours of saturday morning. Had a brilliant run up to rainbow beach. Arrived at wide bay bar at approx 740am to be confronted with less than ideal crossings. It seems we just missed the high and the bar decided to run out. Anyway after finding our way through the chop, we were confronted with glassy conditions and a somewhat meagre swell.

Headed out east, about 30kms into 50m's of water. First few drops on great shows on yielded massive toad fish, but man they look good on the fcv!!!

Continued east to fish a few familiar marks. Started off with a motor assisted drift. Picked up a few maori cod and squire. Peariles where coming on board too. I was pulling my fare share but definately not leading the fish tally. Feeling a bit disheartened, I threw on pillie on a floater, dropped it down. A few shit fish tap later and I strike.... only to have my rod bend over in true red fashion. Low an behold up pops a 70cm red. Not a bad start.

Found a few more spots on the trip, one yielding nothing but red emperor but all sadly just shy of the 55cm mark. I swear they have got themselves a measuring tape down there!!

Hunkered down for the night in the lagoon to get a good sleep under 10-15knt westerly and NE.

Awoke to rainy squally and windy conditions. headed north of DI. Not many fish for the morning. Strangely the fish fired around 10am onwards. One notable event was the hauling in of a horse of a pearl perch. I think he went bigger than the red emperor. :o

Anyway, finished the trip with 1 red, 17 or so snapper, 10 or so pearlies, 6 tuskies, 4 hussar, 6 grassy, 4 maori cod, 5 or so moses.

Barcrusher once again brought home the goods...

-spiro-
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
mate sounds like you faired up well out there...good stuff

baitable
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
cheers spiro,

now i have to find some more reds... its kinda an addiction now