PDA

View Full Version : Fin and Tonic at Wide Caloundra

BR65
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Got an invite from Scotty during the week, didn’t take long to make up my mind, so come early Sat morning we dropped the Yalta in at Scarby for a quick run out.
On the first mark in time to greet the false dawn, and then fished a few other spots, finishing up a little north on a mark that has been good for us before.
We didn’t smash em, but pulled a good feed, Scottys knobby was a cracker, I got a decent squabbly, throw in some pearlies and a nice little kingy, and we had a good feed at the end of the day.
Donated some jigs to some un-stoppables, first time we have tried that, verrrry entertaining, for the short time we stayed connected.
We had a front row seat for some awesome whale action, great run home, I nana napped all the way across the bay!
Thanks for the run mate!
Cheers
Brian

Pistol_P
07-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Whoaaa..!!!..:o ....monster snap..!!!

Awesome fish.....What did he weigh..??8-)

Pete

-spiro-
07-06-2009, 09:30 PM
nice horse mate,,,

rosco1974
07-06-2009, 09:48 PM
great fish mate well done
cheers rosco

geeb
07-06-2009, 09:49 PM
That is one heck of a fish - congrats.............Geeb

jtpython
07-06-2009, 09:51 PM
That is a thumpa mate
Congrates
JT

ronnien
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
nice fish, whats the lump on his head?
maybe 12-13kgs? i bet they taste good.

ron.

skipalong
08-06-2009, 06:32 AM
quality snap mate

DEANO68
08-06-2009, 07:54 AM
nice brian, tis the season. hopefully a few more of them bruisers in the coming months..8-)

SgBFish
08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Brian again as the super decky. Its makes it so much easier when you have a great crew.
I'm still learning. The whale action was awesome and so was that snap.
We will be better prepared next time for unstoppables!!!
Cheers,
Scott

eotbmg
08-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Brian,
Long time no speak mate,
Great fish there, bloody horse of a snapp.
Jigging is fun while it lasts, but starts getting expensive when 30 buck jigs are donated to freight trains!!!!!
Catch you soon
Ben

Frank OO
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi Brian,

We have been getting into the AJs hooking almost every time but the big sharks are down there just waiting. You don't even get the head. I lost eight jigs last Friday so it starts to get a bit expensive.

That is the best Snapper I have seen this season. Well done mate.

Frank OO

Scalem
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
That's exactly the trip I am looking Foreward to doing, but still trying to get a chance. Nice reward for getting out there.

Scalem

Fish_gutz
09-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Very nice snapper indeed. well done.

Andrew

SgBFish
09-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Brian,

We have been getting into the AJs hooking almost every time but the big sharks are down there just waiting. You don't even get the head. I lost eight jigs last Friday so it starts to get a bit expensive.

That is the best Snapper I have seen this season. Well done mate.

Frank OO

Frank.
I haven't heard from Brian since Saturday. The unstoppables nearly pulled him out of the boat!:)
He will have to book in to have his arms shortened. I had to read him the boat insurance wiaver as he was pulling them in.

Scott

DEANO68
09-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Frank.
I haven't heard from Brian since Saturday. The unstoppables nearly pulled him out of the boat!:)
He will have to book in to have his arms shortened. I had to read him the boat insurance wiaver as he was pulling them in.

Scott

no wonder , have a look at him, theres nothin of him, lucky you got the snapp scott, or you prob would have had to pull both of them out of the piss...;D :P

SgBFish
09-06-2009, 07:30 PM
no wonder , have a look at him, theres nothin of him, lucky you got the snapp scott, or you prob would have had to pull both of them out of the piss...;D :P

Agreed but everytime we go out I learn something new about this offshore game from him. ;)

Can't wait to hit those wide marks Brian to get into the big ones.

Scott

Fishing_Freddy
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Mate that is an awsome snap:o:o
well done

Ken :beer:

Steve B
09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Agreed but everytime we go out I learn something new about this offshore game from him. ;)

Can't wait to hit those wide marks Brian to get into the big ones.

Scott

Scott,
wait till he shows you a thing or 2 about barra....hes a natural at that too.

Brian, you teflon dude. great fish mate. awesome to see you with a rust water fish in hand. well done.

Steve

BR65
09-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Ahh, to the skipper goes the spoils, it was a great Snap, and one I thought should be shared with every one. Scotty's been chipping away for a bit now, each trip they are geting better, and that fish was a just reward for keeping an open mind to floaters in deep water and progressively fishing/searching all parts of the water colum on a quiet day. Im happy just to kick in for fuel and bait, drop the odd reefie in the box to keep up my end, and justify the crews spot Im hogging. Its nice to fish out side again, when the barra bug bit, I got rid of the big boat, and most, but not all, of the off shore gear.
Those bloody AJ,s, after the 3rd bust off I got fair dinkum and tied the last jig to my come here gear, locked up the drag, and managed to boat one, great fun!
Need to have a look at some proper jiging gear though, way to much like hard work using what we had on board on the day.

Stevros, mite catch ya on the water on Saturday arvo mate by the sounds of things.

Liberty
10-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Nice fish!